Lost beardie found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grantf73

My 3 year old boy Thor went missing in the house 5 weeks ago he appeared again yesterday from behind a sealed compartment behind the kitchen sink !! My question is he’s been really unsettled since yesterday and always wants out of his viv he is also trying to climb everything in sight which he never did b4 and he hasn’t ate anything yet any help appreciated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like he liked the freedom -- have you given him any water --- 5 weeks w/ out water I would think he would be thirsty--- does he look like hes lost any weight? I would keep offering him food --- but I would get him to drink some water --- others on here might have some ideas and what to look for -
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you found him! It does sound like he wanted out to explore a bit. If you can block off areas you can't easily retrieve him from and there aren't other animals in the house to harm him then you may be able to let him free roam more frequently. Setting up portable basking lights for him and giving him regular time to run around may be enjoyable to him. If he is active and alert then he is probably OK. As mentioned, offering him water and food is a good idea if he will accept it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like Thor went off for a little nap. :) He probably needs a good drink like Karrie mentioned so be sure he gets a soak or drips of water via syringe or spray bottle.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great you found him, he was a naughty boy off sleeping/hiding for so long!
I agree, make a blocked off play area for him, so he can safely run around but, not run
off & hide or get lost again.
Definitely get oral fluids into him since he went without for awhile.

Tracie

Grantf73

Original Poster
He’s had 2 mealworms and I’ve given him a gd soak in the bath he had a gd long drink !! He’s lost some weight but seems healthy he’s been running around the house all morning thanks for all the advice I have set up some food points around the room but as of yet he’s still not eaten anything !!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Good at least he has eaten something and drank some water ---- I am sure he will go back to eating again just slowly since he was probably sleeping all that time
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom