Great store to buy beardie blankets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Anyone needing/wanting a blanket for their Dragon, go to your local $Tree or some other dollar store. In the automotive section, you can find plush microfleece, about 24"x18" piece for $1. They are sold for washing vehicles. They are super soft and each can be cut in 4 pieces for a young beardie or even smaller if need be. They wash really well, I'd wash before using, be safe. Come out of the dryer even fluffier. The ones I saw were a Cream color.
My Petey is adult and I cut his in half. Like 12x18. Plenty big enough. This is his first blanket, we'll see how he feels about it in time.
-Dee

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Wish I had a Dollar Tree nearby, but that's a good idea - I'll check and see what my local Dollar Whatever has in automotive!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ComicBookMama":39ulfnid said:
Wish I had a Dollar Tree nearby, but that's a good idea - I'll check and see what my local Dollar Whatever has in automotive!
I bought a beautiful fleece baby blanket for a litter of stray
Kittens in a box on my porch, at Dollar General for $5. Much larger of course. $Tree was out of stock, had planned to get a few there but was getting cold and needed it now. ? Should be cheap no matter where you get it. I'm sure you can get cheap remnant pieces any place that sells fabric too. $1 each works for me! ?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2krc6hh2 said:
http://www.pamperedbeardies.com --- they sell fleece blankets just for beardies w/ their names engraved on them if you want
Karrie
Those are adorable! They even show one with PETE embroidered on it.
He got 2 new blankets for a buck. I can live without the monogram for now. lmao! ?
If he calms down and becomes 'friendlier', I'd get him a special blanket. For now, don't even know if he'll like the blanket. ?
If he decides he likes it, I'll have to get him one with his name on It. Wish you hadnt shown me that site! ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Believe me he will like it -- they are soft -- I have put them under the hides in my two dragons tanks - they each have their names on them --- Blazes is red and Hiccups is blue
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3j4kytxo said:
Believe me he will like it -- they are soft -- I have put them under the hides in my two dragons tanks - they each have their names on them --- Blazes is red and Hiccups is blue
Karrie
Too cute!
After his soak tomorrow night, I think I'll try cuddling with his blanket after I dry him off. He actually dozed off in his towel last time while I was holding him. ? seems more relaxed after warm bath.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I've read of people buying fleece like that to make DIY hammocks for their dragons. Cut to shape. Add grommets or some other enforcement to hang and boom, custom hammock

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those are soft blankies for sure, the fleece ones at the dollar stores & the auto parts stores
have the fleece, as well as Walmart with the polar/micro fleece. LOL
I didn't know about that pampered dragon website, very cute!

Tracie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They also support Dragon Rescue. Def a good cause. Their prices are not high at all. I expected a specialty site to be expensive, IMHO that's not the case.
I just wanted to pass along a good deal I found for my Petey. For a buck, he gets 2 blankets so he always has a clean one. Might consider the DIY hammock for the cool end.
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom