Liquid calcium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Hey guys
Is there a liquid calcium you recommend?
Bearded not having it with the dust.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
CalciVet is very good. It was originally prescribe to my rescue Lucky by the reptile vet I was dealing with at the time. I've always go a 100ml bottle of the stuff in the fridge as part of my reptile first aid kit.

Tastes nice too ( sweet flavoured …. I know as I've tasted it ) , my skinks and dragons all love it when I need to give calcium orally by syringe ( rescues ).
Like honey given by syringe , they regard it as a treat and I've never had a problem getting them to take it, they even lick my fingers dry afterwards.

More info : https://vetafarm.com.au/product/calcivet/
Direct dose: 0.2mL (4 drops) per 100g body weight

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you are in the US, I also sell liquid calcium on my website, too in much smaller bottles.
I compound & mix it myself, too.
Does your dragon have any trouble with metabolic bone disease?

Tracie

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
No he doesn't have mbd
Thing is he doesn't like dusted bugs
& I just wanted to give calcium as a preventative measure I don't want him to get mbd.

Is it the calcium glubionate on beardeddragon.co?
& Do I need it with D3 in it?
Thanks.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
SkittlesK":1jk8ghwb said:
No he doesn't have mbd
Thing is he doesn't like dusted bugs
& I just wanted to give calcium as a preventative measure I don't want him to get mbd.

Is it the calcium glubionate on beardeddragon.co?
& Do I need it with D3 in it?
Thanks.

Only need the fake VitD3 if the dragon is not receiving adequate UVB , adequate would be from an unobstructed t5ho 10% UVB tube (or higher) in a reflector hood and access to UVB flux better than 180 microW / sq.cm ( ie basking post about 12 inches from the tube).

Unfortunately it seems from what I've seen , most liquid and powdered calcium comes "fortified" with unnecessary fake vitD3.
The fake vitD3 is a different isomer to the naturally photosynthesized vitD3 ( and can buffer calcium uptake causing problems if given ).

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I found some on Tracie's website with an option for D3.
I think I'm gonna give it a shot.

Is dosing on the bottle?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Irrespective of where you get your liquid calcium.

Make sure to get correct dosing for your dragon, should be given in terms of cc or drops per 100g of bodymass , else you can very easily overload a dragon with calcium and produce a health issue called hypercalcemia which is very serious.
Similarly with "fake" vitD3 , can cause vitD3 toxicity which can have very serious health consequences and most vets wont even have on their radars.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Skittles I agree that we must be cautious using too much D3, I always have both on hand [ with D3 + without ] so Tracie will be able to get you what you need with instructions for dosing provided. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think you must be looking at the beardeddragon.co site, because they have D3 or without
D3. All of my liquid calcium has no D3 at all in it. The D3 is too easily overdosed when it is
in liquid form.
My site is the bug-de-lite.com

If you decide to order from either one, I can help either way if you need help with dosing.

Tracie

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Okay thank you.
Is it similar stuff on both websites?
Who runs beardeddragon.co
I already bought from them is it dangerous to have D3 in it

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The people who run it were breeders for a while , don't know if they still are. They had good reputations and were very knowledgeable with dragons. Did you buy both with + w/out D3 as I suggested ? Liquid cal w/D3 shouldn't be used every day, you need to have both on hand. I would only use it once a week to avoid the possibility of toxicity + kidney damage in the future. If you need to buy the cal w/out D3 you can get it from Tacie's site or the one you already got it from.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Okay well I will have the D3 on hand then
I will purchase from Tracie's website
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom