Green cricket block

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Green cricket block

Postby Lizzierenai » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm

My white cricket block is turning green. Should I be concerned ? Also how do you upload pix I would like to show y’all the uvb light it’s not bright at all
Lizzierenai
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Green cricket block

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:26 pm

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pic it should post
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster
 
Posts: 4361
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Green cricket block

Postby Lizzierenai » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm

KarrieRee wrote:https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on the pic it should post
Karrie



Thanks so much (: also would you happen to know anything about the green cricket block?[Click image to enlarge]


[Click image to enlarge]



Is the lighting okay ? The uvb isn’t very bright
Lizzierenai
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Re: Green cricket block

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:09 pm

I don't have a clue about that cricket block someone on the forum will haft to answer that question---- tell me what your using for lighting brand and bulbs please--- basking and UVB
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster
 
Posts: 4361
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Green cricket block

Postby Lizzierenai » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:34 pm

KarrieRee wrote:I don't have a clue about that cricket block someone on the forum will haft to answer that question---- tell me what your using for lighting brand and bulbs please--- basking and UVB
Karrie



Zoo med repti basking lamp 50watt for basking, and Thrive 18in UVB bulb for the uvb light
Lizzierenai
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Green cricket block

Postby kingofnobbys » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:14 am

I'm very dubious about these types of "foods" for insects. I think 99% of these things are ripoffs and of no real nutritional benefit.

Only processed dry food I give to my insects are Repcal adult bearded dragon pellets.

I'd say keep to mostly fresh high protein high calcium greens and carrot for feeding the crickets.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, juvenile Cheakie (M) 21Oct19
Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 10993
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 10:56 pm

Re: Green cricket block

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:30 am

As long as the 50 watt is keeping temps to what they need to be 95-105 for an adult dragon and 105-110 for a baby your good - that temp needs to be taken w/ a infrared heat gun or digital probe to be accurate --- the Thrive UVB I have never heard of and is apparently new because your the second person now w/ one and this is what I told them -- I can recommend what works -- a Reptisun 10.0 tube either the T 5 or a T 8 depending on the size of your tank --- if its 40 and over a T 5 would be good - you can use a T 8 in the 40 gallon tanks but if you have a larger tank I would get the T 5 bulb--Arcadia bulbs are good as well 12% bulb
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster
 
Posts: 4361
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Green cricket block

Postby Lizzierenai » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:26 am

kingofnobbys wrote:I'm very dubious about these types of "foods" for insects. I think 99% of these things are ripoffs and of no real nutritional benefit.

Only processed dry food I give to my insects are Repcal adult bearded dragon pellets.

I'd say keep to mostly fresh high protein high calcium greens and carrot for feeding the crickets.



Thank you (:
Lizzierenai
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Re: Green cricket block

Postby Lizzierenai » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 am

KarrieRee wrote:As long as the 50 watt is keeping temps to what they need to be 95-105 for an adult dragon and 105-110 for a baby your good - that temp needs to be taken w/ a infrared heat gun or digital probe to be accurate --- the Thrive UVB I have never heard of and is apparently new because your the second person now w/ one and this is what I told them -- I can recommend what works -- a Reptisun 10.0 tube either the T 5 or a T 8 depending on the size of your tank --- if its 40 and over a T 5 would be good - you can use a T 8 in the 40 gallon tanks but if you have a larger tank I would get the T 5 bulb--Arcadia bulbs are good as well 12% bulb
Karrie


You’ve been an immense amount of help ! Thank you so much !!
Lizzierenai
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users