Best way to rehome beardie

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Best way to rehome beardie

Postby bmorgan91 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Hey everyone! We have a 1yr old beardie we need to rehome and I wondered if you guys had tips. I will not put her on Craigslist or marketplace whatsoever. I have reached out to one breeder who is trying to help me find her a home. We are leaving nov 23rd to do fulltime RV living all over the US. While in transit we will not have the ability to have her lamp on and I can’t risk her health :( has anyone ever run into this? I don’t need to be shamed. This is not easy on our family. Thank you!
bmorgan91
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Best way to rehome beardie

Postby ComicBookMama » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:19 pm

You could post in the "For Free" section of this website... at least you'd know that the people looking at the post would be serious about beardies.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Juvie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:19 am

Hello,

Sorry you are needing to rehome your dragon, so many need to at some point in time.
We do have a "For Free" forum for help with rehoming your dragon.
Do you have any friend or family member who could help out, or not?
Good luck & have fun on your travels.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby MrSpectrum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:56 am

Rhetorical Question: Is it safe to assume you've checked for possible reptile rescues in your area? If not directly listed/found, you might ask other kinds of rescues (dogs, cats, small animal, SPCA, etc.); rescues in many/most areas network--even outside their areas of interest. Some foster "rescuers" don't list themselves, as they know they can only care for one animal at a time and don't wish to be inundated.

You might also ask at pet stores; owners/employees may know or have heard of someone looking for an adult (most pet shops I know of pretty much stick to babies/juvies).

Best Wishes
MrSpectrum
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby bmorgan91 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:48 am

My sister actually took our other one but she has two now and couldn’t take our bigger one. We will leave her with a family member temporarily, but they aren’t knowledgeable with beardies is the issue I’m having.

Drache613 wrote:Hello,

Sorry you are needing to rehome your dragon, so many need to at some point in time.
We do have a "For Free" forum for help with rehoming your dragon.
Do you have any friend or family member who could help out, or not?
Good luck & have fun on your travels.

Tracie
bmorgan91
Newbie Poster

Postby VingamSecuris » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:30 am

Aside from what people have suggested, such as local places and what-not.

If you're willing to ship a pet and package them safely, I'd absolutely recommend the small company:
https://www.emeraldscales.com/rehome

The company has the co-owner called GoHerping on YouTube who is a 18 year old who has been taking care of them for his life, his humble beginning with a snake back when he was 13- yadah, yadah, this guy is a great guy and I would personally trust him with any reptilian pet I'd need to rehome.

Vinny
VingamSecuris
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion