Determining gender of two month old

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Determining gender of two month old

Postby Jessieamandabhb » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:22 am

Hi, everyone! I just got my bearded dragon on October 29th. I think that he/she is about two months old because (s)he is measuring at about 6.5”. I have tried to determine the gender, but every time I try to look, I either see nothing or can’t decide which gender I see. My question is if it should be very clear to determine gender right now or if my beardie baby is still a little too young? I’ve seen mixed things online, so I wanted to ask here!
Jessieamandabhb
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Determining gender of two month old

Postby Moon4wolfgirl » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:24 pm

it is a little to young to tell, when there young it is harder to determine, the females have one bump at the beginning of the tail, the males have two.
Last edited by Moon4wolfgirl on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moon4wolfgirl
Hatchling Poster

Postby AHBD » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:55 pm

Sometimes it's evident from a very young age. Can you post pics with the tail arched up ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby claudiusx » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:54 am

Only way to know if we can tell or not is to post up a picture like AHBD suggested :)

Sometimes it's possible to tell at that age. Usually though it's easier as they get larger.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion