LOST BABY BEARDED DRAGON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
My baby beardie has been staying at my boyfriends. My boyfriend came to pick me up yesterday. We were out for only maybe an hour and a half and in that time my beardie just disappeared!!
We looked in him entire room! He’s small enough to go under the door so we looked in the hallway and everywhere we could think of. I don’t know what to do. I set out his basking lamp in the hallway and a critter container with crickets.
This little guy is so small!! Does anyone have any ideas or tips??

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
MokrechMaya":1f6vzw11 said:
Hi everyone!
My baby beardie has been staying at my boyfriends. My boyfriend came to pick me up yesterday. We were out for only maybe an hour and a half and in that time my beardie just disappeared!!
We looked in him entire room! He’s small enough to go under the door so we looked in the hallway and everywhere we could think of. I don’t know what to do. I set out his basking lamp in the hallway and a critter container with crickets.
First of all how did he get out did you just let him roam around the room that's not good is your cage secure if you do have one?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need check under dressers beds bookshelves toy boxes closets places dark where he can get under to sleep- the basking lamp and food thing is a good idea ---
Karrie

MokrechMaya

Original Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":rzpoh8vk said:
MokrechMaya":rzpoh8vk said:
Hi everyone!
First of all how did he get out did you just let him roam around the room that's not good is your cage secure if you do have one?

We didn’t leave him out. I think he just managed to jump out. He’s been very active these past days.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you have him in a 20 gallon tank ? Others on here have lost their dragons and manage to find them --- the room he was in does it have a door and was the door open? Do you have other animals in the house cat? dog? If so lock them up or out the cat will find him and kill him --- same w/ the dog ----
Karrie

MokrechMaya

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2jcdlqp1 said:
Do you have him in a 20 gallon tank ? Others on here have lost their dragons and manage to find them --- the room he was in does it have a door and was the door open? Do you have other animals in the house cat? dog? If so lock them up or out the cat will find him and kill him --- same w/ the dog ----
Karrie

Yes I just got him a 20 gal tank. The door was closed but theres a decent size crack at the bottom.
We’ve been keeping the dog locked up in the meantime. I think he’s just sleeping but ive just got to find him.
Thank you for your advice!

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
MokrechMaya":14v5oqyn said:
BeardedDragonSteve":14v5oqyn said:
MokrechMaya":14v5oqyn said:
Hi everyone!

We didn’t leave him out. I think he just managed to jump out. He’s been very active these past days.
So things like this if you find him you want to get a lid for the top of the cage or lower things down so he cant jump out leaving the heat lamp and food out is good do you have any animals like a cat?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing! Does your boyfriend have any other animals in the house that would be likely to
attack or kill him if they saw him? If not, then as long as he didn't get out of the door to outside,
he is in there somewhere.
Continue to put out the basking light, changing locations of it every couple of days in case he
is roaming around. As you are doing, leaving his favorite insects or food out for him, too might
help bring him out.
Carefully look under everything thoroughly. Let us know how that goes for you & if you find him.

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Any update for us? I hope you've found your baby.

One place to look at (seems counter-intuitive) is cold dark places in the room (or house). Every time I've had a dragon get out that's where I find them. Somewhere cold and dark and them sleeping soundly.

Look behind furniture, under furniture, on the backside of your mattress if it's against the wall, in your clothes pile.

Good luck!

-Brandon

ChaRbeardiE

if you have any things that make noise that scares her try using that once my beardie ran behind into a hiding spot but i didn't know where and we had a dinosaur that roared and when i used it he made some skittering noises so i found him so try that

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I was hoping you would have found him by now!
Please do keep us posted on him, hopefully you will find him safe & sound, sleeping.

Tracie

MokrechMaya

Original Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":1zrot2it said:
MokrechMaya":1zrot2it said:
BeardedDragonSteve":1zrot2it said:
MokrechMaya":1zrot2it said:
Hi everyone!

So things like this if you find him you want to get a lid for the top of the cage or lower things down so he cant jump out leaving the heat lamp and food out is good do you have any animals like a cat?

Thank you for the good ideas! I got a top for his so it wont happen again.
I did find him the day after! He had come out of hiding and was just hanging out in the corner of the room we had lost him in.

MokrechMaya

Original Poster
Drache613":lsg6yxos said:
Hello,

I was hoping you would have found him by now!
Please do keep us posted on him, hopefully you will find him safe & sound, sleeping.

Tracie

Hi! I found him finally. He was just hanging around sleeping. Thank you!

Maya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom