Safe beardie soaps?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Safe beardie soaps?

Postby beardieburrito20 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:37 pm

I always bathe my bearded dragon, yet just water hasn’t been working too well lately. His body is always clean and sanitary, but his tail is dirty. I don’t want to scrub too hard but I would like it to be clean to give him optimum comfort. So if you know of any safe soaps I can use for a bearded dragon or special brands please tell me. Thank you!
beardieburrito20
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Safe beardie soaps?

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:59 am

No such thing .

Just wait for the next shed and all will be clean again.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, juvenile Cheakie (M) 21Oct19
Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby claudiusx » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:07 am

Hi there,

I've used a small amount of baby soap in the past.
You can also use castile soap.

kingofnobbys wrote:No such thing .

There actually is a specific soap made for dragons. I've not used it but here is the link:
http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=180

Realistically, there are lots of things you can use. Their skin isn't as permeable as our skin is, so realistically, there isn't much concern there IMO as far as chemicals on the skin go. You're supposed to wash the soap back off anyways, right? :) As long as the soap isn't overly concentrated in the bath, and the fumes/smell it puts off isn't overpowering, it should be fine. Just make sure your dragon doesn't have a habit of drinking the bath water while you have soap in it.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:08 pm

I've added some castile soap to the bath water before. It works and is harmless. I use Dr Bronner's baby mild soap which doesn't add scents.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion