Interacting with your beardie

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Interacting with your beardie

Postby Selkie1993 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:51 am

Hi Everyone!

New bearded dragon owner here. I have a shy juvenile male. He wasn't housed in the best conditions with his previous owner and he's new, so he's still exhibiting stress marks and laziness symptoms. You can read more here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=251767&p=1907938#p1907938

I won't force any interaction, but I want my beardie to know I'm his safe and loving mamma :) He took food from my hand for the first time!

Do your bearded dragons like to be talked to? When I talk softly to him he closes his eyes and seems to enjoy it. He also likes to be pet on his back.

I'd love to hear about more ways you guys interact and bond with your scale babies :)

Selkie
Selkie
Selkie1993
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Interacting with your beardie

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 am

Selkie1993 wrote:Hi Everyone!

New bearded dragon owner here. I have a shy juvenile male. He wasn't housed in the best conditions with his previous owner and he's new, so he's still exhibiting stress marks and laziness symptoms. You can read more here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=251767&p=1907938#p1907938

I won't force any interaction, but I want my beardie to know I'm his safe and loving mamma :) He took food from my hand for the first time!

Do your bearded dragons like to be talked to? When I talk softly to him he closes his eyes and seems to enjoy it. He also likes to be pet on his back.

I'd love to hear about more ways you guys interact and bond with your scale babies :)

Selkie

He going through relocation stress this will go away in a week or two. You've posted a lot recently.
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Hatchling Poster

Postby Selkie1993 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:59 am

Yep I know ^_^

Just trying to learn as much as I can to make my little one comfortable.

Any interaction/bonding advice?
Selkie
Selkie1993
Hatchling Poster

Postby BeardedDragonSteve » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:19 am

Selkie1993 wrote:Yep I know ^_^

Just trying to learn as much as I can to make my little one comfortable.

Any interaction/bonding advice?

You can snuggle with him, hand feed him his veggies and crickets/dubias/BSFL or what ever you feed him for insects. Handling is the best way to bond but its best not to handle them not as much when you first get them.
Got Crickets?
BeardedDragonSteve
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion