Morph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sur3fir3

So I got this beardie. It was labeled as a Red. Can you guys tell me if there is anything else in there? If this is the wrong place for this I am sorry.
106255-8268500906.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Unless the nails are 100% clear or the eyes are pure black like a shark's, there really are no other visible morphs present so yours would be considered a normal or standard morph :)

He's a cutey!

-Brandon

sur3fir3

Original Poster
claudiusx":aa17gtuz said:
Hi there,

Unless the nails are 100% clear or the eyes are pure black like a shark's, there really are no other visible morphs present so yours would be considered a normal or standard morph :)

He's a cutey!

-Brandon

Cool thanks. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I can't see any visual morphs right now from that photo. But he looks a LOT like my little boy Rocket, He's like a citrus sandfire tiger orange I believe? I'm not sure. But he could be like something similar to that.
View media item 61009View media item 60878

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Color descriptions really aren't a morph, perse. Morphs would be genetic mutations such as trans, hypo, leather, zero, etc. Colors are just traits, and breeders can describe the color of their dragons anyway they want, there is no set standard. So a red could be called red, or something such as sandfire or lavapit from hell... if you catch my drift.. LOL.

-Brandon

sur3fir3

Original Poster
OH OK. I was confused about that. its not like snakes. So what happens if you say breed a red with a citrus? So the red/citrus and all other color descriptions are not based on a recessive or codom trait? So when you breed them what happens if you mix colors? Wow I am confused. So when you mix colors is it additive? Meaning if I breed red with a citrus would the resoluting babies be red and citrus? Besides dunner, zero, witblits, Leatherback, Hypo, what else is genetic and depends on recessive, or Codom?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Typically no, they tend to really only take on one of the parents colors. But there are exceptions in some lines.

Remember, they've just descriptions of colors.

If you breed a "sandfire" with a "citrus" sure you can say the dragon is a citrus sandfire, but if the dragon is just yellow, or just red, that doesnt really make much sense. It's only important terminology if you want to breed and you need to keep track of genetic lineage.

The dragon will still hold those traits, and that red dragon could end up producing yellow babies, but typically its accepted that morphs are the different mutations while color and patterns are more so just traits.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom