Breeder of red leatherbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I’ve been trying to find a red leatherback bearded dragon, however I cannot seem to find one in my state,NC so does anyone know of any breeders here? I went to a reptile expo but they only had adult normals and babys.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sometimes in the pet stores like Pet Smart or Petco they have them here (MN) --- I do not recommend buying from the pet stores but you can always look - and it is up to you if you find one in a pet store if you want to buy it --- I feel bad for the pet smart and petco beardies --- they need a good home just as well as the next --- the issue w/ buying from a pet store is that you dont know if they are sick or what kind of illness they might have --- its the luck of the draw ---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I'm not sure of anyone local to you, but is shipping something you were wanting to avoid? There are quite a few good breeders out there producing red leathers. If you want, I can give you some names.

-Brandon

Nightshade15

Original Poster
I’m not bothered by shipping if the price isn’t too high, I’m trying to stay under 175, I’ve seen a bunch for that but then adding shipping of 50 dollars or so is quite a bit. I was looking for local so that I could get the flat price but if you know of any that are 175 or below with shipping?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Nightshade15":27tjo9cq said:
Hello,
I’ve been trying to find a red leatherback bearded dragon, however I cannot seem to find one in my state,NC so does anyone know of any breeders here? I went to a reptile expo but they only had adult normals and babys.
It appears we both live in the wrong places. I'm looking for a "standard/normal" and most of what I've seen at 3 (so far) local shows are baby red or orange leatherbacks! Going through my notes, I could probably come up with a list of potential breeders, but I couldn't say for sure they had exactly what you're looking for (since they didn't have what I was looking for, I didn't make a detailed list of what else they had). I also have no way of predicting shipping costs from the Northeast. If you'd like a list, drop me a PM.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Most breeders will ship for 50-60 bucks.

Are you wanting a super red saturated leather? Or just a regular red leather? Could you post a pic of what your kind of looking for?

Dachiu usually has pretty reasonably priced dragons and they post to their website every sunday. So their list should be updating in a couple hours. Each week they usually post quite an assortment of dragons.

-Brandon

Nightshade15

Original Poster
I’m not sure how to post a picture, But I think saturated? The ones that have a good degree of red on their entire body not just stripes of it. The color of red doesn’t matter to me though, I like the almost orange red just as much as I like the deep blood red.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Nightshade15":26ohynqw said:
I’m not sure how to post a picture
There are a couple of ways. If the pic is already on your 'puter/phone, use the User Image Uploader (along the top horizontal menu). It should be fairly intuitive; If I can figure it out... :roll:

The other way is to get the URL of the photo (right click on the photo and left click on "view image"). Copy the URL, and paste it into your post (you'll probly need 2 windows open). Highlight it and select Img from the buttons at the top of the post edit window. Yup, just tried that, and it works. Be sure there's no line feed between the URL and the final tag. :wink:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So that's a pretty high quality red. Usually they go for a bit more than your price range.

I haven't seen dachiu put out any reds like that but dragonsdenherp does some nice reds. Dachiu has reds just not that dark from what I've seen. A lot of breeders have reds, but dark reds usually fetch a premium from what I've seen.

I'll let you know if I see any pop up, as I like to follow a lot of breeders and watch what they are producing.

-Brandon

Nightshade15

Original Poster
No I actually found one about an hour away from me! She had 3 red leather backs. I just picked one up this morning, she slept in my hands the whole way home. She’s in her tank now adjusting and warming up. Now I just have to find a good name for her.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How exciting!

We want to see pictures! You should make an introduction thread for her!

I'm very happy you were able to find what you were looking for :)
Was it a big time breeder or more so a local breeder?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom