Book Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I got it when I was planning on buying a dragon from Fire and Ice Dragons, owned by Terri Sommella , who essentially rewrote the original Bearded Dragon Manual. I read it cover to cover, and enjoyed the read. Granted, I'm a newbie to beardies so I really wouldn't know if the information given was bad - but it seemed to dovetail with the care sheets and opinions I've read on this forum and other breeder sites, like Daichu.

I think what I liked most about the rewrite was that it was much more reader-friendly, not at all like a scholarly text (which the first one felt like, in bits and pieces), and really aimed at the pet owner rather than the practicing breeder (though there is a chapter on breeding beardies, it's still very readable and easy to grasp). The info is peppered with anecdotes from the author's time breeding and raising beardies, and does favor the husbandry practices and lines of Fire and Ice Dragons almost to the exclusion of others, but I didn't find that too distracting or prejudicial. It's definitely not an infomercial for this particular breeder.

I think it could have included a better chart of foods, more along the lines of what Beautiful Dragons has put together, but the health section has an easy to reference chart that I liked very much.

As you're fond of saying, YMMV - but I'd say it would be worth adding to your dragon library. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom