Desk set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, in an effort to get my newer beardie to get used to my presence I have made him a little spot at my desk. I work from home so I am working there with him next to me. I have a heat light for him at the right temp but I worry about taking him away from the UVB. How long do you think is okay for him to be away from his UVB on a regular basis? I have been doing about an hour a day so far but planned on upping that to maybe 2-3. Also do I have to worry about too much humidity? It gets a little stuffy in my office.
Thank you

81415-1264539054.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I have no issues with an hour a day. Longer than that (on a regular basis) may depend on how much he's getting in his enclosure (strength of--and distance from--bulb, etc) but I don't really know. :dontknow:
Someone else here likely has an opinion on that.

As far as humidity, again, I wouldn't worry about an hour (or even a bit longer) but you could get a digital hygrometer with probe to monitor what's going on.

YMMV

PS Hope he doesn't mind that speaker next to his l'il head! :lol:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've found that they do well outside their enclosures if you have a safe spot for them. Since you have a heat lamp he can be out for hours if he wants to be. They need UVB while basking but not all the time. I've found that even given choices, my dragon often sits under the regular heat lamp during the day. You can also provide UVB if you set up a lamp with a mercury vapor bulb. The 100w PowerSun or 100w MegaRay tend to work nicely for this. Set them about 12'' up off of the floor (or basking spot in the house) and that should do the trick.

76248-5659197629.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom