Getting a beardie!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HemiLeo

So I'm getting a beardie!!!!!

BUT my mom wants to get 2... One for my brother...... :banghead:
and se wants to get 2 males but I said they would be too territorial....
am I right???

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great news! I bet you're excited!

IF you get two, it really would be best for them to both have their own enclosures. If thats the case, there is no reason you can't get two :)

They are very territorial creatures, but if they have their own tanks, it will be fine.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes please you will need two set ups DO NOT house them together males will fight -- female / male will constantly breed and 2 females one will be dominant and the other will suffer and get sick from the other taking over the basking /UVB area --- so dont house them together --- it will be expensive to have 2 beware----
Karrie

HemiLeo

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2w7f70wf said:
Yes please you will need two set ups DO NOT house them together males will fight -- female / male will constantly breed and 2 females one will be dominant and the other will suffer and get sick from the other taking over the basking /UVB area --- so dont house them together --- it will be expensive to have 2 beware----
Karrie
We will get 2 tanks one in my brother's room and one in mine what gender would you recomend

HemiLeo

Original Poster
claudiusx":ni1m8ekx said:
That's great news! I bet you're excited!

IF you get two, it really would be best for them to both have their own enclosures. If thats the case, there is no reason you can't get two :)

They are very territorial creatures, but if they have their own tanks, it will be fine.

-Brandon
I am!!!!!
what gender would you recommend??

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Completely agree with MrSpectrum. I'd say go for whichever gender you want!

If they are in separate rooms they definitely wont be able to stress each other out. I bet your brother is excited to get one also? :mrgreen:

-Brandon

HemiLeo

Original Poster
claudiusx":tw0lq2ag said:
Completely agree with MrSpectrum. I'd say go for whichever gender you want!

If they are in separate rooms they definitely wont be able to stress each other out. I bet your brother is excited to get one also? :mrgreen:

-Brandon
He doesn't know yet.

I'm just worried he won't take care of it right.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well you might want to bring that up otherwise you might end up taking care of two dragons!

Make sure you and your brother both do your research first! And if you two have any questions, just ask! :)

-Brandon

HemiLeo

Original Poster
claudiusx":36qbemaf said:
Well you might want to bring that up otherwise you might end up taking care of two dragons!

Make sure you and your brother both do your research first! And if you two have any questions, just ask! :)

-Brandon
I have done a ton!

And it wouldn't be the worst... I LOVE Bearded Dragons!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with Brandon/claudiusx that you need to get this straightened out with your mom & brother before bringing any new pet(s) into the house. Someone receiving a pet they never expressed an interest in, or haven't spent time investigating/learning about is a recipe for disaster--ask anyone who's worked/volunteered at an animal rescue. Everyone involved needs to be completely onboard, and willing & able to make & keep the commitment required to care for this (or these) animals for many years--up to (possibly) 10-20 years.

Are you, your brother, and your mom up to making that commitment? If not, a BD--though cool now--may not be the best choice for everyone involved.

Could you tell us more specifically why you want a bearded dragon (aside from awesomeness/coolness/novelty)?
Have you ever successfully kept any other reptiles or other pets?
Have you considered or researched any other reptiles as pets?
Top 5 Reptiles For Beginners

HemiLeo

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":307ustkp said:

Are you, your brother, and your mom up to making that commitment? If not, a BD--though cool now--may not be the best choice for everyone involved.
: Yes, we are very

Could you tell us more specifically why you want a bearded dragon (aside from awesomeness/coolness/novelty)?
I want a Bearded dragon as a pet because I love our school BD ( Leo ) and I want a pet i can take to college and can be with me. And theres no fur

We have never had one but my grandmothers best friends daughts boyfriend breeds them and he's a breeder.

Have you considered or researched any other reptiles as pets?
Yes

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry if I came off as condescending, but I have no idea of your or your brother's ages.
Just trying to cover the bases. :wink:

So it sounds like your brother has now been brought aboard with this(?)

I don't know what your living arrangements at school will be, but if it's in the dorms, be sure to check out their policy on pets in dorm rooms well ahead of time (but I wouldn't base choice of schools on that). I've known several cases of students keeping pets in rooms; some turned out OK--some not OK at all.

HemiLeo":2902vh2h said:
MrSpectrum":2902vh2h said:
We have never had one but my grandmothers best friends daughts boyfriend breeds them and he's a breeder.
Yeah, but I know him--he's a breeder of snuffleupaguses! OK, yer jerkin' my chain... :lol:

I have no idea what fur may have to do with anything, but I'm not judging. :roll:

I'd like to keep an open mind, but college is so different for so many people; some adapt well; others do not.

Do you think there's a possibility your mom wants your brother to have a BD so that in case it doesn't work out well at school, he can take care of your BD while you're gone?

I'm trying to help here.

HemiLeo

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":28moj583 said:
Sorry if I came off as condescending, but I have no idea of your or your brother's ages.
Just trying to cover the bases. :wink:

So it sounds like your brother has now been brought aboard with this(?)

I don't know what your living arrangements at school will be, but if it's in the dorms, be sure to check out their policy on pets in dorm rooms well ahead of time (but I wouldn't base choice of schools on that). I've known several cases of students keeping pets in rooms; some turned out OK--some not OK at all.

HemiLeo":28moj583 said:
MrSpectrum":28moj583 said:
Yeah, but I know him--he's a breeder of snuffleupaguses! OK, yer jerkin' my chain... :lol:

I have no idea what fur may have to do with anything, but I'm not judging. :roll:

I'd like to keep an open mind, but college is so different for so many people; some adapt well; others do not.

Do you think there's a possibility your mom wants your brother to have a BD so that in case it doesn't work out well at school, he can take care of your BD while you're gone?

I'm trying to help here.
Were getting one he has no interest anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom