Reputable Breeders in the USA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerBlue

I am looking for a good breeder to get my next dragon from. I got my first from PetSmart and he was dead within two months. So, I am looking for a breeder who will sell me a healthy dragon, preferably at least 8".

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A few I like are:

• Dachiu
    KidsandDragons
    dragonsdenherp
    Draggintails
    Phantom Dragons
    fairytail dragons
    Optimum reptile

I've personally bought from the first three in that list.

-Brandon

TylerBlue

Original Poster
claudiusx":1f3y6trh said:
A few I like are:

• Dachiu
    KidsandDragons
    dragonsdenherp
    Draggintails
    Phantom Dragons
    fairytail dragons
    Optimum reptile

I've personally bought from the first three in that list.

-Brandon
Thank you for the suggestions Brandon. I'm definitely considering Dragon's Den Herp as an option.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope to have a breeder who tests for Adeno & has negatives now up on my Adeno testing
page soon!
There are not that many good breeders here in the US.

Tracie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I haven't compiled a list yet. As I've said previously (elsewhere) I'm taking my time looking over various breeders--big and small--at reptile shows. I like meeting people--especially business contacts--"hairy eyeball to hairy eyeball". :D

Some of the attributes/qualities I'm looking at (beside how beautiful/"cool" their BDs may appear--in no particular order):

• Professionalism (Not just do they have a business card? :wink: )
    Consistency (Do they consistently have their act together)
    Do they listen? (Some avoid/dodge straight answers, or try to "sell" you something you didn't ask about. I've seen one that's been consistently "pushy" and tries to provide answers they think customer wants to hear, which brings me to...)
    Candor (Do they seem "real", or are they spouting a line of Dragon Poop?)
    Attitude (Do they come off as though they're godzilla's gift to herpetology?)
    Reputation (Should be self-explanatory)
There are probably more I'm not putting into words at the moment. I'd like to hear others' criteria for choosing a breeder.

The only breeder on Brandon's list I've heard of before is Dachiu. (I've also heard that you don't pronounce it--you sneeze it. :laughing6: )
They'll be at an upcoming show; I'm looking forward to looking them over.

One type I'm not necessarily ruling out are BYBs. In my search for breeders local to me, I found many that might be considered BYBs--small "hobby breeders" who seem to care more than some of the larger breeders. I also prefer to do business with people local to me when other factors equal/cancel out.

YMMV

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Brandon's list although I've never heard of Optimum reptile. My top breeder would be Draggintails. They sell dragons to more customers in more countries than any breeder that I'm aware of. Tammy's website is also very informative and her dragons are magnificent. Pretty much any breeders with fantastic looking tigers today got their stock from Tammy. Of course she has other morphs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom