Almost white while asleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Iv read similar threads but just to clarify for my piece of mind.....is it normal for bearded dragons to turn almost white while asleep at night? Spikes colour difference is drastic it doesnt even look like him at all then looks his usual self when gets up in the morning.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is odd -- when he gets up and goes to his basking light does he get black ?
Karrie

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
No not black, he just turns more or less immediately back to his usual greeny brownish crocodile kinda colour ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is it possible Spike is a paper white dragon? That would explain the color
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you can post pictures, that would be helpful.
It sounds like though, he is very happy while sleeping.

Tracie

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Same :) My girl goes super pale when she sleeps! I actually think it’s such a pretty colour/shade - it’s almost a combo of very light grey/white light with a light lavender hue - gorgeous.

It’s usually when the lights are down/dim in the evening, and the room temp wherever she is cooler. If she’s asleep during the day or the it’s very warm she doesn’t go so light.

Its a HUGE contrast to what she normally is when she’s awake! She’s actually a pretty dark/grey dragon. I have always seen this big colour change as a good sign for her - to me it’s been an indicator that that she’s getting some really good Z’s and is very relaxed/comfy and cool ?

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
Blue11 she sounds lush ?
I was planning on posting a pic of him sleeping tonight but something else happened.....I decided to get him out while he was sleepy cos he still doesnt seem to like being handled too much, anyway I put him in his soft fleecy blue baby blanket I'd bought him and put him on my chest, give him soft strokes and his eyes started closing, kept looking up at me then starting to doze off again, then he snuggled right in and went to peepies! Put him back in his viv still on his blanket after about 30mins. Honestly was the cutest thing iv ever seen. Its 11pm now and I cant wait till tomorrow night to do it again ? I wanted to take a pic but my phone was downstairs and I didn't wana get up and disturb him so I literally just sat in silence looking at him for half an hour ? he didn't look pale when he was sleeping on me. Il take a pic tomoro to show yas's xxxxx

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
Mine does this when he sleeps also. I love rocking him to sleep with his blankets each night also! They are just so cuddly!

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Kayleigh1985":2fx43yfq said:
Blue11 she sounds lush ?
I was planning on posting a pic of him sleeping tonight but something else happened.....I decided to get him out while he was sleepy cos he still doesnt seem to like being handled too much, anyway I put him in his soft fleecy blue baby blanket I'd bought him and put him on my chest, give him soft strokes and his eyes started closing, kept looking up at me then starting to doze off again, then he snuggled right in and went to peepies! Put him back in his viv still on his blanket after about 30mins. Honestly was the cutest thing iv ever seen. Its 11pm now and I cant wait till tomorrow night to do it again ? I wanted to take a pic but my phone was downstairs and I didn't wana get up and disturb him so I literally just sat in silence looking at him for half an hour ? he didn't look pale when he was sleeping on me. Il take a pic tomoro to show yas's xxxxx

Honestly, one of my favorite dragon things is when mine snuggle up under my chin or on my chest and fall asleep. I gently pet or hold them for a while and then take them to their vivs to lay them down for the evening. Most of the time, they don't even wake up, and I think it's just awesome that they trust me enough to do that. :love5:

Kayleigh1985

Original Poster
Aaradimian":1ui5rwg9 said:
Kayleigh1985":1ui5rwg9 said:
Blue11 she sounds lush ?

Honestly, one of my favorite dragon things is when mine snuggle up under my chin or on my chest and fall asleep. I gently pet or hold them for a while and then take them to their vivs to lay them down for the evening. Most of the time, they don't even wake up, and I think it's just awesome that they trust me enough to do that. :love5:
Def my new fave thing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom