HURRICANE DORIAN APPROACHES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Ok so Hurricane Dorian is expected to hit soon as a Cat 4. Normally this doesn't ruffle my feathers... But I'm concerned about the power going out and Ranger being left in the cold for a few days. Any Beardie prep I should be doing?? Is it ok if he hangs out in the dark for a couple of days and just take him outside for a walk after the storm passes?? He most likely wont eat or poop during the black out. Am I over thinking this or is he gonna be fine roughing it with the rest of us?

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
keep hothands for when the power goes out, guessing you live around flordia since that is were the hurricane is expected so him being cold shouldn't be a problem.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
No worries--he'll be fine. For confirmation/peace of mind, google: australian outback climate weather, and/or watch the Clint's Reptiles/Däv Kaufman video I posted earlier in this section.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
beardedlady1":1hm6e9a5 said:
lol yeah Im right in the directed path (as of now) even if the eye moves Im still in the cone lol
He'll be fine, even without hothands. Are you not having to evacuate, or is it still too early to know that where you are? I'm in NE FL. Waiting too see where things stand tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Assuming you are not going to flood, short power outages will be fine. My husband & I have
been through Cat 4's living in Key West & other parts of Florida. Luckily, the weather there is
decent enough to where you can take him/her outside for sun or warming up if needed once it
is safe to do so.
Safety is more important than them basking for immediate concern. Hopefully it wont be too
bad. Where are you located?

Tracie

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2m0vzhvj said:
Hello,

Assuming you are not going to flood, short power outages will be fine. My husband & I have
been through Cat 4's living in Key West & other parts of Florida. Luckily, the weather there is
decent enough to where you can take him/her outside for sun or warming up if needed once it
is safe to do so.
Safety is more important than them basking for immediate concern. Hopefully it wont be too
bad. Where are you located?

Tracie
Orlando. thankfully we survived the storm with 2 days of lovely breeze. Ranger didn't even know the storm was going on lol But this is good info for the next storms to come. If Dorian HAD hit us it would have been his first hurricane experience.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Glad to hear you were essentially unscathed there in Orlando, it is Central Florida so luckily
it isn't just right on the water to where you get storm surge.
I hope everyone & your dragons are safe!

Tracie

Rauka

Hey all,

I have a little girl about 6 months old. I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada and Dorian is hitting us today. I'm hoping this doesn't hurt her too much as power could be off for a day or so. She's mid shed now and also just finished parasite meds so already

I am force feeding vet supplied supplements as she won't eat anything. My plan is to feed her now, and keep heat as long as i can. With doors closed temperature should be around 80F. She's a cuddler, so If she's too cold I'll wrap her up with me, hopefully she'll endure...I'm such an overprotective Dragon Dad :)

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rauka":x80mk76i said:
Hey all,

I have a little girl about 6 months old. I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada and Dorian is hitting us today. I'm hoping this doesn't hurt her too much as power could be off for a day or so. She's mid shed now and also just finished parasite meds so already

I am force feeding vet supplied supplements as she won't eat anything. My plan is to feed her now, and keep heat as long as i can. With doors closed temperature should be around 80F. She's a cuddler, so If she's too cold I'll wrap her up with me, hopefully she'll endure...I'm such an overprotective Dragon Dad :)

Someone up there said use hothands to keep her warm. I've always wanted to go to Canada...perhaps I should have hopped a ride on Dorian lol That Storm is visiting all the nice places of North America. Hunker down and stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom