I'm saddened just writing this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdevae

I have 2 adult female beardies, one is 8 yrs old and the other is 7-8 yrs old. I am going to be traveling for work starting in November and will be relocating every 3 months. I wanted to take my beardies with me but I think it's going to be too stressful to relocate them so frequently. It would involve transporting them in the car for multiple days in a row to the next destination.

I was hoping a friend could take care of them for me until I'm done traveling but she can't. I was hoping to find someone who might "foster" them and then I'll take them back when I'm settled. I only know one other person in my area who has a beardie but I can't say I completely trust them. I'm not sure what to do. My beardie that is 7-8 yrs old is a rescue so I know how uneducated people are about them and it makes me nervous to just sell them to someone and walk away.

Any suggestions?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
You might try contacting a reptile rescue, and either put them up for adoption there, or ask them if they know anyone competent who might board them for you. This might involve some compensation as good faith you'll reclaim them.

You might also try local breeders who might be willing to take them temporarily or permanently.

Best Wishes

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Good luck on finding someone competent on taking care of your dragons- I would be inclined to ask lots of questions about the person taking them ---- most people do not know how to care for dragons as I am finding out ---find out their experience w/ them -- ask them what they do for proper care - specifics -- like if a UVB needs to be replaced what do they replace it w/ ? If they cant answer you or give you specific kind etc ask what basking temps should be - then I wouldnt let them go to that person -
Karrie

SPandS

Juvie Member
Where are you located? Maybe someone on here could take 1 or both, either long term or just to foster for a bit until you're settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom