Is this seller trying to scam me or am I insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephga

I bought a bearded dragon off of some kind of community breeding website, and it was something like a red citrus leather back, which isn't really a color combination I'm familiar with, but it was cheap, and I needed a leatherback male.

So he assured me he'd send photos before delivery, so I was feeling confident about the purchase, but I swear the photo he sent looks nothing like the one he posted on the website.

I dont even think its a leather back, and I was trying to explain that I dont really care about the color, I just need a leather back.

He keeps saying hes "in shed" so his color is dull. But like.. I dont care about the color??? I keep trying to tell him this, but hes not acknowledging the question.

I just need need someone else's opinion on this, because maybe it is the same dragon and Im just looking at it wrong. I seriously dont care about the color, I just need to be sure its a leather back.

This is what I bought
68319313_661822387560564_8358639393245757440_n.jpg

This is the follow up picture
67805807_358140038431792_702902716891922432_n.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That still is a leatherback but not a very high expression one. it's hard to tell from the pictures if they are the same dragon.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Upon closer examination, the pattern is different in the two pictures. Different dragons. Either that or the separate angles are playing tricks. Plus the first picture is blurry. I'd ask for a pic in the same position.

In the second picture, the first 3 circles going down the back are connected by an unbroken line. That's not the case in the first pic where it appears that there are no connections between the circles down the back.

-Brandon

Stephga

Original Poster
claudiusx":20atgj0h said:
Upon closer examination, the pattern is different in the two pictures. Different dragons. Either that or the separate angles are playing tricks. Plus the first picture is blurry. I'd ask for a pic in the same position.

In the second picture, the first 3 circles going down the back are connected by an unbroken line. That's not the case in the first pic where it appears that there are no connections between the circles down the back.

-Brandon

Thats what I was thinking.. I just dont understand why hed be pushing that its the same dragon, even though I said I dont care so long as its a leather back male. Doesnt make any sense. Its got me really worried and confused.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Definitely a L.B. But give the guy a chance to pose the dragon at the same angle as the first pic. EDIT....as I look closer at the rosette patterns, there does seem to be a difference like Brandon mentioned. Ask the seller to pose it in the same position as the first pic. And like the other poster mentioned, if you're not comfortable don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom