Name suggestions?! questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Hey guys.
So I just picked up a baby bearded dragon from shop, & he's got some red in him.
breeder thinks he's a boy.
He's in quarantine just in case anything happens.

Anyways, name suggestion?
I was thinking Godzilla, Able, Ryzo, or Reptar.

EDIT:
So I also had a question.

I am reusing a tank but I cleaned it twice with f10sc, 1:200 ratio, that should be enough right?
To kill anything in the tank.

& how much should he be eating a day?50 bugs about? & how much salad

Apolla

I don't know about the cleaning but as for a name, I think that really depends on the personality. You don't need to name them right away, you can wait and see what fits.

As for the bugs, it depends on the kind and size. Feed as much as he will eat in around ten minutes about three times a day. They all vary in terms of appetite too. I got small crickets when I first got Boga but I think she ate more than 50 a day, probably closer to 75-100 per day, but again, it depended on the bugs offered.

Offer salad daily. As a baby, they don't need a lot of salad and probably won't eat a lot of it either. I picked up a small kidney shaped feeding dish when I got Boga and just filled that. If she ate any of it as a baby, I counted it as a win.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Feed as many as he/ she will eat in a 10-15 minute time frame - and please dont leave them in the tank --- dust them w/ calcium D3 5 x per week and vitmains 2 x per week
Karrie

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Okay.
Thank you.
Just needed a reminder.

Do you guys recommend getting parasite screening?
It's his first day here
I mean imo the sooner the better

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not now-- you need to let him settle in first- you can take a fecal in if the vet will let you bring one in but I would wait - if he's not showing signs of parasites I would not worry about it--- the f10 cleaning is good-- offer him salad everyday there is a nutrition website link on the feeding board--
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree I wouldn't get a fecal done this early. And especially not if there are no signs of parasites present.

Dragons have naturally occurring levels of parasites in their body usually. In times of stress the numbers of these can raise, which could lead to false positives. Once the dragon has relaxed, the body will usually knock the count back down to a normal level.

-Brandon

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Okay thank you that was very educational ?
I'll post if I have more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom