Going away for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

Hi there,

I was wondering how long beardies can go without care. For instance, if I go away to the cottage for a few days, am I ok to leave my beardie at home? Is there anything I can do to make things easier on them? Obviously if I leave for a week I need to have someone look after him, but what about if I leave for a couple days? How does age/size affect this?

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

Age, size, health, and current diet are really big factors regarding this.

A fully grown healthy bearded dragon who normally eats fresh salad and feeders but will begrudgingly consume pellets/freeze dried would be absolutely fine for a few days, assuming your lights are on a timer.

A young dragon? I wouldn't risk it. A sick dragon? I wouldn't risk it.

Personally I have gone two nights with Guac once he was an adult. I didn't like it, and neither did he, but he seems no worse for wear. On day one, I woke up, have him his salad making sure it had nothing that would mold quickly in it, along with bugs in the morning instead of the evening, and I left. The next day, day 2, he received no care. On day 3 I got home min-afternoon and immediately cleaned his tank and got him a new salad.

Obviously if you have someone who's willing to take care of him, that's a lot better. My roomie has been on "You remove poo and pour this salad in" duty a few times and that's sufficient for short-term care.

Hope that helps.
-Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom