Beardie taming

Status
Not open for further replies.

asher08

Hi! I've had my baby beardie Remmy for about a week now, and it honestly seems like he's getting worse with being held and petted. he used to just be scared and try to run, and it got a little better, but now hes flicking his tongue at me when i try to pet or hold him and today he even hissed at me. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, or if he just needs more time. Ive been interacting with him every day so far. Does anyone have any ideas?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well since you've only had him a week, hes probably more aggressive now because at first he was going through relocation stress. Youngins take some time sometimes to calm down and be comfortable getting handled. I dont like to try to grab them when they are opening up because that's them showing they really are frightened. I'll come back later to try and see what happens. It just takes some time and patience :)

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The licking is him tasting you--- they all do it and even when they get older-- I will put my finger up to Hiccup to lick before I pick him up -- and yes it will take some time -- put a piece of clothing or blanket or something w/ your smell on it in his hide and it will get him used to you faster
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom