Asking $120, I have opportunity to snag it for $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD16

Juvie Member
As my title says. I have come across a bearded dragon tank setup on facebook. It doesn't include a dragon, but it has pretty much everything else. Tank, Feeder Gutload, Bowls, lights, decor, etc. Is this a deal to jump on for $100? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1072027889673115/?ref=messenger_banner

I'm hoping to be able to pick it up this weekend when I don't have to worry about work and am waiting on the woman to respond on whether or not she is okay with holding it until the weekend for me. What is everybody's opinion? Should I jump?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like a good deal but your gonna either need to replace some the stuff or wash it good w/ like some F10- did she say what happened to the dragon that was in it?
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd double check the dimensions of the tank to make sure it's at least about 36x18x18 or so. You'll probably want to upgrade the lighting. If Petco has their $1/gal sale then this probably isn't a great deal. It's better than the kits you'd get for more than $100 though so as mentioned if you clean and sanitize everything it may be worthwhile as long as you have some extra cash for (at least) lighting upgrades).

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She didn't mention what happened to the beardie that was in it. I didn't ask that much detail. I have some money saved up and kind of expect to have to lay out some money on upgrades no matter what route I go.

Knowing that. Is it worth jumping on for $100?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I bought a 40g at regular price for 97 bucks. You can get a basking lamp fixture for 10 bucks at a petstore. Then you just have your uvb bulb and fixture to buy, which it looks like youd have to buy with this tank.

Personally I wouldn't go for it. But if you did, it's not like you're getting a bad deal anyways. I would just rather have new for not much more. If it was 40 bucks cheaper I'd probably get it

-Brandon

SPandS

Juvie Member
I personally wouldn't because I don't like regular tanks but that being said it's an ok deal. It looks like it comes with a lot of stuff like calcium and whatnot, even some grub pie. As long as that is all still good, not expired, it may make the deal worth while even though you'll have to spend more money to upgrade the lights. If you're up for it you could look around and see how much the things included would cost if you had to buy individually. The tank alone if you got on sale is 40 plus the screen I think goes for at least 20, 1 light fixture is about 10. That right there is $70 worth of stuff plus all the extras. Add in the hassle of having to disinfect everything though. Like I said I wouldn't and would keep looking.

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I appreciate the advice, SandP and everybody else! Unfortunately I missed out on it as I had some other things come up this weekend that required my attention but plan on keeping my eye out for 40 gallons so I can start getting a setup going.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
petco is having their sale. The 40gs are only 50% off but thats still 49 bucks for a 40g. Not too bad.

The 55's are $69 I believe.

-Brandon

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Brandon,

I got absolutely slammed and have been super busy with work. I'm just now seeing your reply. I assume the sale is long over by now?

BigD16

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I looked it up earlier and seen that petco is still running the sale. Unfortunately they don't sell it at my nearest local petco so i'd have to go about an hour out of town to get it, but for what they're priced at I'm definitely going to jump on it. I called my nearest petco and they are unfortunately out of stock and when asked if they were getting more in all they could tell me was "We hope we get a few in Wednesday, but we're not positive" I'd rather not risk a "Might" when I can definitely go get it and it's not a much longer drive than I would have originally made. I'm just hoping they stay in stock until the weekend unless I buy online and just pick it up this weekend when I'm off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom