Book Recommendations Please! Not BD Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hello there!

So I've been handing around his forum for a while, and while I really like to use it and the internet as a whole as my primary source when it comes to animal care due to the lack of quality reptile care books I can find, I was wondering what books you all have read and approved of. This isn't necessarily bearded dragon specific - I would love to hear book recommendations on all sorts of reptiles and amphibians! I want some ideal reading material, as I have a lot of downtime without internet access, and additionally I'm thinking I might start posting book reviews too.

Honestly, I would love to hear about the worst reptile care books you've read as well. I can't remember the exact title, but when me and my roomie first got roomie's corn snake, she got a "Care of Captive Cornsnakes" book that was just awful! For instance, though it was marketed as a specialized book focusing on 1 particular type of snake - the corn snake - it had several chapters covering other animals in it. I might understand if it had stuck to other colubrids or even snakes in general, but it included a very inaccurate chapter on bearded dragons that - I kid you not - had a picture of an iguana labeled as a BD in it!

Thanks!
-Ellen

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't been reading anything reptile specific, but just finished All Systems Red by Martha Wells. It's a pretty good short read and the beginning of a series. Do you have a goodreads.com account? I've been using that for recommendations and it works really well. I suggest giving that a try to find a book that fits your mood along with some reviews and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom