URGENT! - hatchlings just ate, power goes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieT

So our beardie hatchlings just ate a round of crickets and greens and as soon as they’re done, our power goes out which means no heat or UVB. In the middle of a major storm and I have no clue how long it’ll be out for. What should I do to get them warmed up? I’m afraid something bad will happen since they didn’t get the chance to bask after they ate. Any help on how to warm them is appreciated, thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hopefully the power will come back on soon. Do you have anything on hand like a computer backup battery that you could use to run a light for a little while? If not, they will probably be OK at room temp for a bit as long as it's not unusually cold where you are. If it starts to get cold, perhaps you could wrap a hand warmer in a towel to provide a warm spot. Microwaving some rice in a cotton sock and wrapping that in a towel might work too. Just enough to provide slight warmth, nothing very hot.

BeardieT

Original Poster
CooperDragon":gl1vfb1d said:
Hopefully the power will come back on soon. Do you have anything on hand like a computer backup battery that you could use to run a light for a little while? If not, they will probably be OK at room temp for a bit as long as it's not unusually cold where you are. If it starts to get cold, perhaps you could wrap a hand warmer in a towel to provide a warm spot. Microwaving some rice in a cotton sock and wrapping that in a towel might work too. Just enough to provide slight warmth, nothing very hot.
nothing that can run cables for heat lamps. Also no microwave because no power currently. Ambient house temp is at 75 right now (outside is 85-90). I have three hot hands wrapped in paper towels right now I’ve set in their enclosure so hopefully should be fine

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lol @ me regarding microwave (duh!). 75 shouldn't pose a problem for them. The hot hands are a good option, just be sure the paper towels are insulating enough so that they just feel slightly warm to the touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom