Looking to re-home our beardy unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this is allowed, but you folks have been so helpful in the past I figured I would start here.

We have a beardy that is about a year old that I feel would be better off with someone who has more time and attention to give to him.

When we bought Puff it was made very clear the care and attention he would need to both my sons. Unfortunately, I don't feel they have lived up to their end of the bargain and, although I do as much as I can with Puff, I just think he would be happier in home that would give him all of the love and attention he deserves.

He is currently living in a 40 gallon breeder tank which has two basking bulbs and UV lighting. I have also outfitted him with a hammock, a nice rock for basking and shelter underneath as well as a smaller "tree" he likes to climb up on at times. He is healthy and very active. I have taken him out in the yard a few times to get some natural UV when the weather has been hot enough. He isn't quite used to it yet and just sits in one spot (sometimes puffed up) but I figure the UV light is good for him over all so we will spend about 30 - 45 minutes "chilling".

I am very sad to have to do this as I do enjoy Puff, but I just think he deserves better.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to finding a good home for puff?

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Where are you located? I personally can't look into another dragon right now, but posting your rough location there's always a small chance someone on here will want Puff. Additionally, there's often a reptile rescue in most states if you're living in the US... I live near an alligator rescue that also takes other reptiles as well. Some animal shelters take certain common reptiles now, too - my local one has a capacity for keeping 4 beardies at a time but rarely has more than 1 or 2. You can also do a posting on a website like Craiglist, but be prepared to vet people a lot... I'll be honest that's where I get many of my reptiles and it's definitely both a buyer and seller beware type situation. You also might want to post to your personal social media, as re-homing to someone you might be able to "visit" Puff at might be a great idea. I personally rehomed much of my invertebrate collection to my highschool science teacher when I had to downsize due to college - I didn't have much, but it was nice to be able to see that what used to be my beloved animal was well taken care of and was even serving as a method of education for others.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Another option you can look into is posting up on craigslist. It's not the best option because you never know the quality of care someone will be able to provide via craigslist, but there's a chance.

A rescue would be my first choice if you can manage it.

Sorry you have to do this :( but it's the responsible thing to do if you feel so.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom