I'm returning to this forum with question

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Years ago I used to post on here every couple day, but I've been off for a long time. I grew to miss this site, and so I'm coming back!
I've got a question about bearded dragons. Just what do they know? Like how is it that all three of the ones I had were not afraid of me? Basil was tame and cuddly from the moment I first held him, it was like he was an angel, I still miss him. Ganta so much wanted to live and was so playful! I gave him the best chance at life I could.... Blaze was so angry at being taken away from her tank in the pet shop, lol! But she's so nice now. So do they really not see me as threatening? Even when I picked them up and took them away?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome back! I've found that while they each have a unique personality, they generally tend to bond and interact pretty well with humans. They tend to remember "their" humans and do feel pretty at ease around us after a while.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1uccagzp said:
Welcome back! I've found that while they each have a unique personality, they generally tend to bond and interact pretty well with humans. They tend to remember "their" humans and do feel pretty at ease around us after a while.

Hi, I guess so! I just love snuggles with Blaze, and it's so cute when she goes to sleep.

I am new to this site. I did post a few questions on the "other reptiles" topic. I was having a hard time finding information about my FND's and found that there are a lot of very informative individuals on this site that helped me out a lot, even though it is a Beardie site. At any rate thanks to all who have helped me out.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
CooperDragon":177h8zp2 said:
I've found that while they each have a unique personality
+1. EDID* (Each Dragon Is Different) It took me a few weeks/months to convince mine that "The giant hand" and "The giant" (I have no idea if/how long it took him to make the association, if he ever did) weren't going to eat him. He's tame now--I haven't been bitten in a long time (good thing--he's big enough to do some serious damage if he wanted to) but I still get the occasional "gape & hiss" if/when he's "not in the mood".

I'm OK with all this--in fact I kinda like it. :lol: He's his own dragon; he's got attitude & spirit. :laughing6:
He may be/get feisty/squirmy, or he may settle in and fall asleep on me.

* I stole this from DragonPete. We're trying to make it a thing. :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom