An idea for The Dragon to drink water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cger

Here is an idea I had some quite some time ago. Maybe someone else did that before, I did not look into it.
This works really well for my Dragon who will be 5 months old in a few days.
I dip my finger in the water bowl and with the big drop hanging from it I move it close to his mouth so the drop attaches itself, I touch his mouth gently to let him know it's time to drink. Most of the time he opens his mouth, sticks his tongue out and drinks it. I repeat that as many times as he is willing to drink. It can be even 10 times. That's in addition to watered greens, soaking in the water, etc.
I do it every day, on some days he won't drink but usually he does every other day. It seems to be working much better late in the day, 6pm or so.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is the only way I can get Tombo to drink any sort of water! He doesn't care much for water apparently lol. But he's a good eater so I don't worry about his hydration levels.

But this definitely works for stubborn dragons lol.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's certainly a good method to use. I sometimes do that with condensation off of cups the same way. It can also be done using a dropper or syringe to offer water to their nose. I think that in the wild (aside from food) they get most of their water from dew on plants and from rain. I've noticed they will turn their head downward to funnel water (from rain in the wild) down to their nose to lick up.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
My guy will only drink from one of my 4 year olds medicine dropper. And even then it's maybe 1 or 2 drops and that's it. I feed him bsfl and he always seems to be well hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom