Cohab Beardie and Sulcata Tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebwithBiscuit

I have read many controversial things about cohab and I'm kinda in a mix here. I'm a new bearded dragon owner(his name is Biscuit) and my mom wants a sulcata tortoise. I was wondering if they could share the same tank. If so, is there anything I would need to change in the tank to make it compatible for both of? I also know that the tortoise is going to grow up and out of the tank. Thanks for the suggestions! :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may not be a good idea for a few reasons. A beardie is curious about anything on the ground and at some point would try to eat the droppings of the tortoise. And the other end of the problem [ no pun intended ] , the beardies tail or droppings may look like something for the tortoise to try out. So unless you had an enclosure the size of a small room it would not be a good idea and even then there would be potential for parasites or disease to be spread from either of them eating the droppings of the other. There could be other potential problems as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom