BEARDIE RAN OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebearded1

Ok, so I let my 12 year old BD out 2 days ago to enjoy the sun and he went right into the flower bed under some plants and went to sleep. I left him alone for a bit and came back and POOF, GONE. This happened to his tank mate a couple years ago and about 4 days later my neighbor found her in the middle of his back yard. Not hiding or in the shade, middle of the yard. This was about the same time of the year so it's 80-90 deg daytime and 60-70 nighttime right now. Questions are...I don't know what their tendencies are outside. In his enclosure he is out all if the time, not under his little bark house. Never hides in the heat of the day in the enclosure. Now, when I have had him outside in the past, he sits in the sun for about 10 mins and then heads for the plants to hide in the shade on the whole time he is out. I was under the impression that they want to be in the sun/heat during the day? So that brings me to my problem, where do I continue to look for him, during he day, in the morning and in the evening? Any tips on their tendencies during summer temps would be great, thank you in advance.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I hope you are able to find him soon! I would check inside bushes and under plants and under anything that could serve as a shelter. He may be active outside at times and come into the open but not always. You might put a bowl of bugs out in the open to try and entice him but he's likely hiding somewhere so I'd just keep checking bushes and sheltered areas where he may be sleeping. Hopefully he hasn't gotten too far.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Is unlikely he travelled very far , hopefully there are no predators or sticky fingers about.

He'll likely be curled up in some corner somewhere in the yard or near the house.

Thebearded1

Original Poster
Is there tenancies with these guys, he is 12, should I continue to look under the same bushes and shelter areas around mine and my neighbor's homes? Is there a part of the day or morning or evening that they would most likely be out n the open? It's 10am and I am going to go looking now. I have been in the same bushes and yards for 3 days and feel like I am just running around in circles "hoping" I see him. Thank you.

CooperDragon":3fd4dggx said:
I hope you are able to find him soon! I would check inside bushes and under plants and under anything that could serve as a shelter. He may be active outside at times and come into the open but not always. You might put a bowl of bugs out in the open to try and entice him but he's likely hiding somewhere so I'd just keep checking bushes and sheltered areas where he may be sleeping. Hopefully he hasn't gotten too far.

Thebearded1

Original Poster
I have a Hawk that cruising around occasionally but have not seen him in a month or so. A couple regulars (stray or pet cats cruising around.

I keep looking around and under but when could I expect him to be out in the open, whenever, randomly? They are not in the open that much it seems?

kingofnobbys":904dvh5h said:
Is unlikely he travelled very far , hopefully there are no predators or sticky fingers about.

He'll likely be curled up in some corner somewhere in the yard or near the house.

Thebearded1

Original Poster
UPDATE... :blob5: My Guy has been found. My neighbor had been on the look out. Saw my neighbor an hour ago and reminded him that my Beardie was missing. I just got home after about 30 min trip to the store and when I got home my neighbor walked up with my Guy in his hand. Found him in the grass by the street in a neighbors yard that I had not looked in. Thank you all for the replies.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Yay! So glad you found him! You might want to invest in a leash/harness for your beardie, I have one, and even thought my Marta is not a big fan of putting it on, it has helped me, as it can be used both for restraining and can make it way easier to spot her with a long bright blue string/rope (idk what to call it) trailing behind her. :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
:lol: --- nice story ---- glad he turned up ---- little stinker
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is very good news your neighbor helped out & ended up finding him. So close to
you also! I'm happy it was a good ending. :D Most of them don't have a happy ending.

Tracie

Thebearded1

Original Poster
Thank you, I wonder what the "find" percentage is when they run off. I am glad he is back.

Drache613":2w5sw49r said:
Hello,

Wow, that is very good news your neighbor helped out & ended up finding him. So close to
you also! I'm happy it was a good ending. :D Most of them don't have a happy ending.

Tracie

Thebearded1

Original Poster
Yes, I am thinking I may go that route. Thank you very much. I am glad also. I had a smile ear to ear when I saw my neighbor walking up my driveway with him in his hand.

Martadragon017":3itva20x said:
Yay! So glad you found him! You might want to invest in a leash/harness for your beardie, I have one, and even thought my Marta is not a big fan of putting it on, it has helped me, as it can be used both for restraining and can make it way easier to spot her with a long bright blue string/rope (idk what to call it) trailing behind her. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom