Is my beardie actually a Leatherback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I posted on here a few months ago when I first got my baby beardie, Colby. He's doubled in size since then, and now I'm wondering if he's actually a leatherback or not. Pet store told me he was and I was pretty convinced when I looked at him, but now he seems more spikey, just wanted some opinion on him!

104141-1610646476.jpg

104141-3467697925.jpg

104141-5023314403.jpg

If you need more pictures let me know and I'll post more. Thanks!

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
Yes, he's a leatherback. He's what's known as an American leatherback. That means most of the scales on his back are smooth with a couple of bumps here and there. My girl is the same way.

If your dragon's scales were completely smooth with no bumps then he would be considered an Italian leatherback. A beardie with even smoother scales is called a microscale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom