Rehoming a bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMamba24

I love my bearded dragon, but soon I’m going away to college and will not have the time to properly take care of my bearded dragon.

I live in Oregon and need to rehome by bearded dragon, I want to make sure he goes to a good home and someone that will take care of him the way he deserves.

Does anyone have advice

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would not let him go to a child that is going to be his pet- I would let him go to an experience person who has had bearded dragons in the past - but w/ that said even that is a no sure way of them getting the proper care -- are you letting the dragon go w/ the husbandry that he is now in or is this person going to haft to set up their own husbandry- ? If so I would make sure the husbandry is correct -- lighting tank size etc.............. there are others on here that can probably give you better pointers than I but that is just some of the things that came off the top of my head
Karrie

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
BMamba24":35sla0mi said:
I love my bearded dragon, but soon I’m going away to college and will not have the time to properly take care of my bearded dragon.

I live in Oregon and need to rehome by bearded dragon, I want to make sure he goes to a good home and someone that will take care of him the way he deserves.

Does anyone have advice

Hi there!

That’s a good question from the post above - in regards to whether everything you currently have for your dragon will be going with him? How long have you had your boy and how old is he? Sometimes that in itself can make a big difference - if you have a baby or even a juvie - they will require a bit more round the clock care with the frequent feedings to be done and the frequent poops too - even down to the handling of him - is he super young and still trying to get used to his home, and being handled? I know looking back now, my girl is 8 and 1/2 years old - and her routines as an adult are different and less demanding than when she was a hatching and when she was a juvenile.

I’m sorry you have to let your besrdie go, but it’s good that you are on the forum and asking for advice! What is his set-up ... will it be “user friendly” for the potential new caretakers? Is it a set up that is easily transferable from your house to their house - an easy/clean substrate, correct lighting, all the works - as you know a good quality set-up is such a vital and crucial part of your boys life and if it’s the right set-up, I think a transition to a new family will be easier on him. What’s everything looking like - and how are you advertising for his new family? The audience of different advertsizing forums/places can even make a difference.

Let us know some of the details for sure - ideally your going to want someone who has some experience- I mean that would be sooooo AMAZING - but realistically that may not happen. And that’s ok - most all of us started out as new and green dragon oat one point in time! When I first got my girl - I was going into it so blind - and made a lot of mistakes early on before I came to this forum. I quickly absorbed as much info as possible and got to work on making things right! So, point being that just because they may not have existing experience with bearded dragons doesn’t mean that they can’t learn and be an awesome beardie mom/dad - but having all the right equipment and a proper set up to give to the new family will make that 100% smoother and easier on them and your boy :)

What’s the details of his age, life,routine, and viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom