Looking for a generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody! I was curious if any of you keep a generator just in case of a power outage. Right now there have been a lot of storms and I was thinking of getting one to keep my beardies lights on in case of a power outage cause it gets pretty cold at night and was wondering what the best Generator to get would be?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Me too --- but I have a sump pump that does not want to quit running so I was thinking of doing the same- depends on how big you want it --- Home Depot has one there that was recommended when I did a search on best home generators - this one was gas and portable -- if thats all you want it for you wont need a big one --- do some research on it and go from there
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A generator is a good idea. If I were to get one I'd look for one that is easy to start and can be connected to the power supply of the house quickly in an emergency. I'm not sure where to find them though aside from a hardware store or maybe a used one on craigslist.

I use a computer battery backup for my tank lights. It works well for short outages. I can keep the lights running for a couple of hours with it. I haven't needed it much though, fortunately. I like it because it is always connected and works automatically vs having to be home and having to start a generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom