New Beardie owner needing feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have had my bear die for around four to five months and I would just like to make sure I’m doing everything right. My beard is is 7 months old and 13 inches long. I think he is a boy but I’m not sure. I have a 75 watt heat bulb and a reptisun 10 coil but I was told the coil is bad so I’m replacing it with a tube soon. He eats crickets that are dusted with calcium and a variety of fruits and veggies everyday. His basking temp is about 95 and his cool side is at 83. He is in a 40 gallon tank. I will attach pictures of him so you can tell me if he looks good. Thanks!

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Without looking I would say definitely replace the coil. I would bump the basking spot up to at least 100 maybe 105. I would also add some variety into the bug portion of the diet. Maybe dubia, silkworms, bsf, butterworms and hornworms. 13 inches sounds a little small at 7 months but they all grow at different rates so that’s not that big a deal. In addition to the calcium he probably needs some kind of multivitamin with trace minerals a couple times a week as well. Also google beautiful dragons nutrition and make sure the fruits and veggies your are giving are good ones for him. Collard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens etc should be the base staple of your salad. Fruit should be a treat. Then there are a mixture of good veggies you can add to the base salad to make it interesting for him.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom