Misting my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiamat's previous owners told me she liked to be misted with freshwater several times a day, but when i misted her for the first time last night she seemed to take great offense. I havent tried since. Should i continue misting her? Was it possible i was doing it wrong?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so your trying to keep her /him hydrated is good --- I would give him / her a bath every other day for that - if you are feeding bugs which you should be whether they are crickets or dubia roaches of which I recommend they need to be gut loaded and dusted w/ calcium powder 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week -- the gut loaded bugs will also help w/ hydrating --- the bathing will also help w/ the shedding -- along w/a soft toothbrush -- it will take the loose skin off when a massive shed is going on ---
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
gut loading is feeding your food source so the dragon can get the hydration -- you dont want to feed bugs that are starving and no hydration --- so if you have crickets feed them things like carrots strawberries things that have lots of water or the water molecules you can buy from the pet store -- the same w/ the roaches-- I feed mine every nite carrots squash apples etc...
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom