I never got told my new beardies age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I need to figure out what my new beardie reds age is as he is still young and I am trying to work out if he’s at the age where I can start to slightly reduce how much protein he eats or not my guess is he is between 6-8 months but I’m not 100% sure
I measured him the other day and he comes to around 10 1/2 inches in length but he is stunted and he was 90 grams If anyone has any guesses or suggestions I would appreciate it thanks

Laurenjc01

Original Poster
Oh and by he’s stunted I mean he’s missing a decent 2 or so inches off his tail and he has a missing toe so I’m guessing that probably makes him weigh less than he actually is

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Young bearded dragons need bugs every day as many as they can eat--- they will eat these till they are around a year old- still offer vegies collard mustard or turnip greens squash butter nut zucchini or yellow - fruit --- he needs his bugs dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week along w/ vitamins 2 x per week --- where did you get your baby from?
Karrie

Laurenjc01

Original Poster
Hi Karrie I give him 50+ crickets a day and I know how often he needs his calcium/ vitamins etc But thank you anyway and he has fresh veggies every morning before he has his live food and thank you for letting me know I need to do this to a year old as I didn’t know that also I got him from a family member as a suprise as I had been looking for a beardie to fill my second viv but couldn’t find one. but they got him from a pet store near my area I think not 100% sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom