nighttime for Jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse2019

Our bearded dragon used to go to sleep within 20 minutes in his hide when he was in his 10 gallon tank. He would climb down from his hammock after the lights went off and climb right in there. We moved him into a 40 gallon breeder about 2 weeks ago, We kept our layout the same.
He/she ( maybe 3-5 month old) clings to the hammock, lays at the base, now at bedtime.
Every nite I pick him up, and place him in the hide. He lays exactly where I place him till morning.
My question is, should I just leave him alone at nite?

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Are you concerned about light going into the enclosure when it is lights out and your dragon is not in their hide? I ask because I put a towel over the glass front (other sides of my enclosure are wood with ventilation) to block light from my TV or room light. I let my dragon sleeps where she wants, often she goes in a hide or her bed, bit sometimes smack in the middle of the floor! I block extra light if I am staying up

Muffin797

DorgEndo":1dox445c said:
Are you concerned about light going into the enclosure when it is lights out and your dragon is not in their hide? I ask because I put a towel over the glass front (other sides of my enclosure are wood with ventilation) to block light from my TV or room light. I let my dragon sleeps where she wants, often she goes in a hide or her bed, bit sometimes smack in the middle of the floor! I block extra light if I am staying up

I'm a new beardie owner. My little guy doesn't seem to mind the light when it sleeps at night. I can watch the TV next to him and as long as I don't make any sudden loud noise it doesn't seem to wake up or be disturbed. Should I still be blocking out the light? Or should I simply not worry about it?

Muffin797":ejafc721 said:
DorgEndo":ejafc721 said:

I'm a new beardie owner. My little guy doesn't seem to mind the light when it sleeps at night. I can watch the TV next to him and as long as I don't make any sudden loud noise it doesn't seem to wake up or be disturbed. Should I still be blocking out the light? Or should I simply not worry about it?

Personally; I would. Just because in bearded dragons natural habitats they go to sleep with it completely dark around them. But it's totally up to you; If the light doesn't seem to bother him and he gets a full nights sleep I don't think it matters.
I just think they're more comfortable and sleep better when it's fully dark and silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom