How to Open a Bearded Dragons Mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehay95

I was feeding my bearded dragon the other day and he bit my finger instead of the cricket I was feeding him. He wasn't doing it because he was mad I wasn't paying attention and had my finger hanging too low when I was taunting him with food. The problem is once he bit me he did not want to let go. It hurt and I started shaking him off because I started to panic. I picked him up and then I opened his mouth similarly to how you would a dog, squeeze the sides of his mouth to forcefully open his mouth. This all happened in seconds. He's fine and I was not rough when squeezing his mouth but I feel like I was hurting him. I feel bad but he was drawing blood and I did t know how else to get him off. i was wondering if there is a better way to do this just in case it happens again?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
We've all had that happen.

They do learn to distinguish fingers from food, but the occasional accidential nip of the finger tip is just part of the territory.
If it scares you , invest in some plastic tweezers and use them to present the insects to the reptile.

There u-tubes showing how to handfeed : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=235583

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom