Will my beardie be partly orange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
When I first got him he was gray. Now he’s showing orange after shedding! I’m
Not sure if you can really see on the photo. Do you think he will become more orange when he’s grown? So curious!! :)

full

he looks like a basic dragon to me. he’ll probably turn out like louie, hints of orange.
louie as a baby
102094-1028074841.jpg
louie now
102094-2084513996.jpg
ignore his shed face haha. he has orange on his front legs, his beard, and the sides of his face. he also has an orange back when hes not basking and has his dark colors out.
so yes, he may have some orange but i doubt he’ll get a lot of orange but anythings possible.

what kind of morph is he?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My restricted observation is with bearded dragons that their colors are more intense as hatchlings and juveniles and tend to become less intense as adults. Though adults demonstrate their feelings often by brightening up their coloured patterns espectally in the face and beard ( I call it showing their happy colours when they do this).

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kingofnobbys":9ovk7zet said:
My restricted observation is with bearded dragons that their colors are more intense as hatchlings and juveniles and tend to become less intense as adults. Though adults demonstrate their feelings often by brightening up their coloured patterns espectally in the face and beard ( I call it showing their happy colours when they do this).

Really depends on the genetics, which is why AHBD's suggestion is the closest "correct" answer anyone is gonna give.
For instance, some of the deeply saturated red genetics that Josh D is producing, start off as brown colored hatchlings, who brighten up and get more and more red with age.

Some, like you suggested, peak when they are babies, and lose their colors or vibrancy with growth. For instance some of the zero trans babies are almost black when they hatch, but quickly loose that deep dark color with age.

Point being, the only way to know... and I use that term loosely... is to look at both parents. Without knowing both parents, you're in for an arguably more fun experience in watching your dragon grow up :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
BeardedMabel":2c7pcgz8 said:
he looks like a basic dragon to me. he’ll probably turn out like louie, hints of orange.
louie as a baby
102094-1028074841.jpg
louie now
102094-2084513996.jpg
ignore his shed face haha. he has orange on his front legs, his beard, and the sides of his face. he also has an orange back when hes not basking and has his dark colors out.
so yes, he may have some orange but i doubt he’ll get a lot of orange but anythings possible.

what kind of morph is he?

Louie is so cute!!!! And I’m honestly not so sure what morph he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom