Quick fix for one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalin81

So I need some advice. My house is going to be abnormally cold tonight. I usually keep it at 67 over night, but for the evening I need to keep my windows and doors open to air out my house (10 year old trying to cook...) Would it be overly disturbing to turn on a red heat lamp for one night or would she be okay at temperatires in the mid 50s for part of the night? I know the ideal would be a ceramic heater, but I can't go to the store right now.

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Does she have a hide so that way the light wouldn't bother her? Otherwise yes, the tiniest amount of light can disturb their sleep. If you have any heat packs or a heated water bottle you could place them underneath a blanket in her terrarium and set her on top (check temperature first).

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your guy will be fine don't worry about it.
Mid 50s really isn't that bad.

-Brandon

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Honestly, if it's just for one night I think you should be good either way.

Since I am kinda paranoid about cold temps due to a childhood incident, I would personally air on the side of turning on the light, but real talk 55ish should be fine. Guac has been under those conditions a couple times due to my folk's power going out and he hasn't suffered any as near as I can tell, but also one night of disturbed sleep shouldn't be a huge issue either, particularly if they have a hide.

I would probably not do any form of head pack unless you have ones specifically made for reptiles - anything else is dangerous. Same goes for heating pads, and even then make sure to use a thermometer. Hot water bottle should be fine, though, figuring it's not hotter then you would otherwise expose them to at the start of the night and they can move away from it.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom