Stewie Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

StewieKeaton

Hi Everyone,
We are new here and also we have had Our Stewie for about 3 weeks now.
Stewie has done had the 1st Sheading. And While I was at work, Wife called freaking out about his skin pealing off. LOL.
We have some questions about Stewie tank.
1) We are having trouble keep the humidity down during the night hours.
2) How safe is Newspaper or Paper Towels for the floor of the tank?

Alice and Frank

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can get a dehumidifier for the house that would help w/ the humidity or you can get a small one for the room hes in - I have a dehumidifier for my house here in MN because it gets so humid -- mine sits in my kitchen and draws the whole house and I am dumping it every 12 hrs in the summer time- his tank does go up at nite but not to the extremes and drops during the day w/ the lights on--paper towels or newspaper is good for a substrate- alot of us on the forum here use either non adhesive shelf liner that has texture so hes not slipping from Home Depot Lowes etc its cheap easy to clean w/ vinegar / water in a spray bottle mixed like 50/50 or slated ceramic tile which comes from the same place and also cleaned the same way- the tile would need to be cut to tank size of course and I would only get it if hes in his permanent enclosure--- I use the tile it keeps the nails trimmed up plus I use paper towels under the tile so it catches all the watery/ urate stuff--
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
What is the humidity level that concerns you? At night it can be as high as 60% without worry. In their natural world it gets higher than that.
Mine goes between 25% to 40% in a 24hr period.

StewieKeaton

Original Poster
Hi,

This is Frank. Alice is worried a lot right now.
I am trying to type and answer and ask her questions.

This is our 1st Reptile,
1) Is Kale a good treat for Stewie?
2) Pet store said we could give Stewie "Dried Omnivore Mix" once a week?
3) Can we be feeding Stewie to much Calcium on the Crickets And leaving the excess in the food dish?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
StewieKeaton":chg316h1 said:
Hi,

This is Frank. Alice is worried a lot right now.
I am trying to type and answer and ask her questions.

This is our 1st Reptile,
1) Is Kale a good treat for Stewie?
Kale has its pro and cons - I dont give mine at all -- but as a treat I suppose- but never a staple on this end - others can chime in on that- staples I feed Hiccup are squash yellow and zuchinni and I hear butter nut is good too fed raw- collard mustard and turnip greens - green beans - fruit apples strawberries blueberries raspberries bananas NO Citrus tho- mango papaya
2) Pet store said we could give Stewie "Dried Omnivore Mix" once a week? is that something you feed in a syringe and mix w/ water or is it like something you put in a dish ? I would not take a lot of heed w/ pet store advice--- most times they dont have a clue as to what they are talking about--
3) Can we be feeding Stewie to much Calcium on the Crickets And leaving the excess in the food dish?
How old is Stewie? If hes less than a year he needs Calcium D3 5 x per week and vitamins 2 x per week -- leaving excess in the food dish? you mean from the crickets themselves that has fallen off - I dont think that would hurt him but I would be washing the dish out after the crickets are gone-- also you might try some dubia roaches for Stewie--- they are better health wise for him plus easier to keep like in a 10 gallon aquarium - they can be fed carrots squash they love it apples sweet potato also Stewies can eat that too - I usually cook mine in the mic - just make sure you clean that apple and sweet potato out cause it can ferment - plus dubias dont stink and they dont chirp! Can you post Stewies set up his tank and his lighting please
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom