Loki has gone AWOL. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Alright so yesterday At around 7:10 PM Mom and I were sorting clothes and We had Loki out with us in my room. And Loki was having fun running around everywhere Over the clothes and Back and forth across my room.

But then We had to rush downstairs for something and we were gone for no more than 10 minutes, But stupid old me didn't think about putting him back in his tank Or closing the door :banghead: I remembered that Loki was up in my room and Rushed upstairs and searched Everywhere In my room.

I looked behind and under everything, checked all of his favorite spots and every nook and cranny around my room but still no Loki. We searched for a good 5 hours before taking a break and He's Now Been missing for at least 18 hours, And frankly I'm trying my best not to panic (but failing to do so). Because he's never been missing this long like the longest he's been missing before was around Only and hour or two. And I always found him.

So I assume that he's most likely Sleeping somewhere upstairs In the rest of the upstairs house because stupid ol' me Didn't close the darned door. :banghead:

I'm Hoping that he will turn up eventually because It's spring and the morning now so hopefully he will venture out looking for Food/Heat/Females. And He's the most explorative Beardie and he knows his way around the house and knows how to get back into my room (I hope).

So I'm going to Try putting one of his favorite blankets and a Heat lamp somewhere on the floor and out some flour on it to see if he Manages to find it.

But At this point I'm not sure anymore, he's never been missing this long and I'm seriously worried about him because That lizard is my best friend and I can't even imagine Anything happening to him. I'm really really worried about him. :cry:

I've been reading some past threads about missing beardies Being gone for several weeks at a Time and then magically turning back up, But You don't think that It would be possible for him to go into brumation somewhere right?

I just want to find him safe and sound as quickly as possible, So any suggestions would be Greatly appreciated. View media item 61050

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He'll be OK in the house. As you said, he's probably bunkered down and sleeping somewhere. Look inside curtains and in closets and under beds and anywhere small and cozy he could curl up in. You might have some luck putting a bowl of food out and a portable basking light. If he's sleeping though he will probably stay put. Just keep looking and I'm sure he'll turn up. At room temps he should be OK for quite a while.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah I put out a bowl of Superworms and Put out some paper and flour next to the bowl and a portable basking light to attract him, It didn't work But we found him In my sister's closet in one of her Bins around 10 minutes ago. He was a bit cold and shaken up But he's doing great now. :)

It's insane that he managed to get from my room, down the hall, and into my sister's closet and into one of her laundry bins. He was just sitting there happy as a clam. I'm just glad he's safe. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, Loki has been naughty then! He will be fine & is likely hiding & sleeping somewhere
right now. I was actually going to mention the laundry or hamper.
Oh nevermind, you found him! That is great. :D

Tracie

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Lost mine quite a few times also. I think they all could use a little backpack with a Tile chip finder in it. Glad you found him.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drache613":21mbi4td said:
Hello,

Oh no, Loki has been naughty then! He will be fine & is likely hiding & sleeping somewhere
right now. I was actually going to mention the laundry or hamper.
Oh nevermind, you found him! That is great. :D

Tracie
Yep, the Little stinker decided to Go on his own adventure for a day. But At least he's safe now. :)
Terry15":21mbi4td said:
Lost mine quite a few times also. I think they all could use a little backpack with a Tile chip finder in it. Glad you found him.
Lol I wish, That would make finding them a whole lot easier. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad he's OK. They can be sneaky sometimes =). They tend to find the same or similar spots when they are out and about so after a while it gets easier to know where to look.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yeah That's good To know, I really should make a list of the places my beardies like to hang out at the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom