Father of beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzo1968

Reading these boards for the past year for incredible info. you all give. My first post is kinda silly but not. I have 5 kids and love them more than life, as most parents do. First I'll say I'm one of those overprotective fathers. I worry about everything always have. Maybe because I did everything crazy since I was 10. My wife loved when our kids were 2 weeks old until about a year. I was the one always waking up at the first sound. I'm a light sleeper. I would make their bottles and feed them until they fell asleep again. Not that my wife wouldn't do it. But If I didn't check their breathing 85 times a night, it would eat at me. OK after you guys suffering through that paragraph. My point was I'm the same exact way with my 2 beardies. Zeus is a year and 5 months and Rain is 13 months. That I was with my kids. Obviously nowhere in the same ball game comparing the 2 but it's so odd I feel. Not once have either gone to sleep without first laying on me than they crawl to a space under our comforter. After about an hour or so I put them while still sleep on their handmade pillow and cover them. Proceed slowly to their tanks and lay them down. Anyone else insane like I am and even if their off a little it concerns you like crazy? Even if you know better. Now since I have MS I'm home all day and night. Forgot to mention the've always been in our bedroom (that's another story). So their always in in sight. Makes it worse because if they look at me for more than a minute. I feel crappy if I don't take them out.
Alright, sorry I got off the original thought. Also, didn't reread to check for grammar or punctuation.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hahaha, so you're a beardie slave like the rest of us? Welcome to the club! My wife & I are always saying hi & waving to them as we go about the daily 'do' at home, and when either of mine fall asleep on me, I have the (very cute) task of transporting their limp beardie bodies from the living room to their cages. I take extra care not to wake them up, and they both have a little washcloth from our old clothes bin that makes a nice cover for them. Dragons spoiled by neurotic beardie parents? Guilty as charged!

100140-2918603034.jpg
100140-6762941493.jpg

Bonzo1968

Original Poster
Aaradimian":vijzda2p said:
Hahaha, so you're a beardie slave like the rest of us? Welcome to the club! My wife & I are always saying hi & waving to them as we go about the daily 'do' at home, and when either of mine fall asleep on me, I have the (very cute) task of transporting their limp beardie bodies from the living room to their cages. I take extra care not to wake them up, and they both have a little washcloth from our old clothes bin that makes a nice cover for them. Dragons spoiled by neurotic beardie parents? Guilty as charged!

100140-2918603034.jpg
100140-6762941493.jpg
Lmao, so glad I'm not alone.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
You are not alone at all, my friend. I'm the same way with my little girl. She has her own bed and at times I don't transport her back to her tank, I just let her sleep in her little bed in the pillow next to me. She wakes up the happiest during these times though. She prefers her little bed over her branch or hammock. When she falls asleep on me, I make sure she's always covered with something soft and I try not to move too much. Beardie slavin is so rewarding!

Said bed. Peaceful little thing, she is.
101206-5056222561.jpg

Bonzo1968

Original Poster
vrenee1018":1inkbll3 said:
You are not alone at all, my friend. I'm the same way with my little girl. She has her own bed and at times I don't transport her back to her tank, I just let her sleep in her little bed in the pillow next to me. She wakes up the happiest during these times though. She prefers her little bed over her branch or hammock. When she falls asleep on me, I make sure she's always covered with something soft and I try not to move too much. Beardie slavin is so rewarding!

Said bed. Peaceful little thing, she is.
101206-5056222561.jpg

That bed is kick ass. Problem is which to put in. My boy Zeus will go crazy when he sees her.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
It's a cat bed that I picked up at the local Petsmart. I literally let her test all the beds I thought were best and she liked that the most, so naturally I bought it. It actually can be cinched or un-cinched depending on how big she is! Haha

You gotta both get em beds and just put them in their own when they're super tired and about to fall asleep. Haha Just don't let them seeeee each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom