Stress marks or Coloration??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellz24

so long story short s posted a photo of my dragon trying to identify its gender when I was told my dragon Has prominent stress marks this is the photo
103463-292116749.jpg
Here’s a photo of when I first got her
103463-1940013548.jpg
103463-1136735999.jpg
Iv since change tanks if anyone sees the coil uvb she’s in a 40 gal tank t5 HO here’s a few more photos
103463-7965645799.jpg
103463-6138559384.jpg
103463-7740983846.jpg
103463-4670980633.jpg
103463-1080205487.jpg
Sorry the Picts are mixed up she is about 1’ now very active she loves her veggies dubias she hates crickets for some reason
But I’m concerned now since someone is telling me my baby has stress marks
Please someone help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Kellz, I did reply on your other thread. The term stress marks is generic and just is used to describe that pattern. It can come + go and is more regularly seen on babies than adults, it's not always a sign of stress. Your dragon is not unhealthy, she is doing well so no need to worry unless you are aware that something is off like heat, bad lighting, constantly held all day, other dragons or animals in the area. Other than that, she's good. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes she looks good --- however I just learned here that the T5 HO is more for tropical reptiles and not the desert--- if you can i would get a 10.0 bulb for Reptisun or a Arcadia 12% or 14% -- I had it in mine and recently changed it out to the Arcadia since I had it on back up-- Hiccup has been off w/ the eating and pooping and even tho I had the T5 in his tank I am not sure if it was causing this but I changed it out anyway as this behavior has been going on for a while --- I had put the T 5 in Dec and this all started happening around Jan or so first I thought it was brumation and it just has continued on -- just a heads up for you --- it may not effect him for awhile but just keep a notice on it ---
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The t5 HO can be either 10.0 or 5.0, that's where the confusion comes in. A Reptisun 10.0 T5 is the desert strength. The 5.0 is equivalent to the old standard Reptisun 10.0 t8.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So I could of kept the T5 in the tank but lowered it cuz it is at 15" and the T8 should be closer---- but since I put the Arcadia in the bulb box said 15"-- so thats where it stayed--- OMG --- :banghead:
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Karrie, It is very confusing, isn't it ? But if you still have the other bulb so just keep it for future use. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thats what I have and yes so I was told -- but more info was given as you can see from previous post-- you can still use it just make sure its situated in tank for a T 8 6-8 inches from basking spot --- the more I am on this forum the more I learn-- :)
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom