Update on Charlie

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Update on Charlie

Postby Gormagon » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:31 am

AHBD wrote:How are things with Charlie ? And your little brother ?

Charlie is still doin the Charlie thing but, not as bad. At least now he doesn't struggle or cuss me quite as much as he used to. I'm handling him whenever I get the time, with all the things that are going on right now, it doesn't happen within a schedule.
My brother is doing better but, not great. He is still on the ventilator but making progress.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby NBGwen » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:10 am

On a ventilator! Oh man, so sorry to hear. Hope he continues to improve!

Your Charlie sounds the exact opposite of my Charlie - my Charlie loves his snuggles and demands to be released from his enclosure when I get up (he's out of it pretty much all day now and back for bed). Hopefully he'll continue to improve with your handling. Family stress can make it so hard, I know.
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Mon May 27, 2019 6:20 pm

Things have been in a turmoil since the start of April. My brother is better now. My mom had a bad spell for a bit, is now in physical therapy. Been battling pneumonia for 2 weeks now but getting better ( have not missed work yet). Rained us out yesterday and, was still to wet to plant today.
So I did a lot of things I've been putting off today. One of them was to repair the background in Charlie's viv.... ooooops!!! Sorry Charlie!
Did a total makeover and, hoping his attitude will mellow out. Yes, he's still a bit grumpy but making progress. "I still think he hates me, lol!" He's now 6 1t2 months old and, 19" long now.
Tell me what ya think!!!
[Click image to enlarge]
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby NBGwen » Tue May 28, 2019 6:52 am

Gormagon wrote:Things have been in a turmoil since the start of April. My brother is better now. My mom had a bad spell for a bit, is now in physical therapy. Been battling pneumonia for 2 weeks now but getting better ( have not missed work yet). Rained us out yesterday and, was still to wet to plant today.
So I did a lot of things I've been putting off today. One of them was to repair the background in Charlie's viv.... ooooops!!! Sorry Charlie!
Did a total makeover and, hoping his attitude will mellow out. Yes, he's still a bit grumpy but making progress. "I still think he hates me, lol!" He's now 6 1t2 months old and, 19" long now.
Tell me what ya think!!!
[Click image to enlarge]

Glad your brother is better!, sorry aout your mom. That is a lot of ups and downs.

It's been drenched where I live - we've been trying to sell the house and it's been raining so much we can't mow the lawn!.

The viv and Charlie look great!!! I really like the background!
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion