Aggressive Towards Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Tank: 35" length x 17" width x 22" height

Ambient 72 - 80

Basking: 105

Floor: Stone Tile

Has plenty of climbing space, a water dish, a hide

So my beardie (Calcifer) is an adult male. He is extremely aggressive towards his reflection. His beard is constantly black. I have three sides of his enclosure covered with fish tank background on the inside (if I out it outside it does not cut back the reflection as much). I also put a strip of background against the bottom of the front wall so he cannot see himself if he is on the floor. However he props himself up above the strip and continually tries to attack his reflection. He also gets angry at the front reflection if he climbs up his logs and can see above the bottom strip. I would be sad if I had to cover the front of his enclosure because I couldn't see my little buddy without taking him out. But if I have to I have to. I don't know what else to do. He cannot see any of my other reptiles from where he is. Any advice? His beard is ALWAYS black and he is always so aggressive towards the reflection, I feel bad. What should I do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You didnt say anything about a UVB-- does he have one?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What kind of UVB? And where is it at in tank or on top of screen?
Karrie

Gail

BD.org Addict
You might look into getting or making a wooden enclosure. If it has acrylic doors, there should be little to no reflection and he will be able to settle down.
The other option is to just wait it out. Breeding season is just starting and males can get really worked up. He behavior may change once breeding season passes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom