Dark line on beardie's belly

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Dark line on beardie's belly

Postby Caesar36 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Hello,
This is my first bearded dragon, I've had him for a little over a week. He's about 3-4 months old and about 9 inches long. I noticed today that he has a dark line on the side of his belly that isn't a stress mark. I'm not sure what it is and I'm concerned about it. I'm thinking it might be a scratch but there's no blood. It is raised a little bit. If anyone knows what this is please let me know.[Click image to enlarge]
Caesar36
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Dark line on beardie's belly

Postby AHBD » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:38 pm

That's odd. Anything he could have burned himself on ? Can you post a close up of it ? And some pics of his set up ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Caesar36 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:49 pm

AHBD wrote:That's odd. Anything he could have burned himself on ? Can you post a close up of it ? And some pics of his set up ?

His basking bulb is on top of the mesh top, he would have had to crawl upside down on the top or get close somehow and I don't see how he would do that. I'm not sure what could have scratched him, maybe a splinter from the log? I'll post his setup, I don't remember what the basking bulb is but my thermometer (soon getting a temp gun) usually says about 100-106, and I have a reptisun 10.0 T5 HO 22" UVB bulb.[Click image to enlarge]
Caesar36
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Does he spend time out of the tank free roaming at all ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Caesar36 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm

AHBD wrote:Does he spend time out of the tank free roaming at all ?

I take him out for baths, I'm trying to get him to only poop in the bath, and just for handling and exploring my bed.
Caesar36
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion