Confirmed my bearded dragon is a female

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
So I just learned that my bearded dragon that I got back in December the name is Spike is a female. I have several other post and the websites been very helpful preparing to set up a bioactive terrarium 75 gallon for her I am getting a lot of stuff from the bio dude since I know him personally but that is not my question I have been looking at a bunch of different websites and I found contradictory information and I just wanted to ask the experts how large can Spike potentially get Spike was born in very beginning of December and is already pushing 11 to 12 in she is in a 20 gallon cage it's time to upgrade her in my opinion will be ordering the cage that I'm having prepared either in the beginning of next month or the middle of next month and plan to have her moved by the end of the month that is the definite. Is it true that the females can be a little more prone to biting or being a little more fussy than the males so far she has been very Placid she's only black bearded once and that was during a very bad storm. Any info and things that I need to know about female bearded dragons would be appreciated I appreciate everybody's help on this website I have several post with different photos of her but here is a up-to-date photo
102593-7724875556.jpg
102593-585264420.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, what a cutie. :) Very nice set up, does she try to eat the plants ? As for temperament, both M -F can be very laid back or very flighty. Both sexes can be more restless with digging + scratching + jumping around the tank during the spring + through the breeding season. One tip for females though is to have a laybox set up as they near the 1 year mark because they may lay infertile eggs quite young. Some will + some won't, and some lay a clutch as late as 8 years old. So just be aware of that fact. Being that yours is a bioactive set up she may find her own laying/nest area though.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":j7yutjy1 said:
Aw, what a cutie. :) Very nice set up, does she try to eat the plants ? As for temperament, both M -F can be very laid back or very flighty. Both sexes can be more restless with digging + scratching + jumping around the tank during the spring + through the breeding season. One tip for females though is to have a laybox set up as they near the 1 year mark because they may lay infertile eggs quite young. Some will + some won't, and some lay a clutch as late as 8 years old. So just be aware of that fact. Being that yours is a bioactive set up she may find her own laying/nest area though.
That is her old setup I will be posting the bioactive terrarium as soon as it arrives I have everything shipped should arrive Thursday but when it comes to your plants for bearded dragon there is a list if you need me to I can post what ones are safe you're not going to be able to stop them from chewing on them but some of them they're not going to eat but some of them you put in there so your dragon will tear those plants up it may be more expensive than a normal tank on the start but in the long run it will save money and time since the isopods and springtails which are too small for your dragon to eat they won't even bother with them will clean up any bioactive jobs Your Dragon does

I'm very interested in the bioactive setup, can't wait to get the details after you've gotten it set up! cost estimates would be nice too =D

*edit: also, your beardie's smile is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom