Out of town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalpi1mr

I am new to the bearded dragon world, but am enjoying my new friend very much. I am concerned about what to do in the summer with him. My family has a summer place about an hour away that we go to pretty much every weekend in the summer. We typically leave Friday evening and return Sunday afternoon. Would it be best to give him a big meal on Friday, leave him for the weekend, and feed immediately upon return Sunday? He has automatic timers for his heat and lighting. Or would it be best to try and take him with us? I don’t want to stress him out either way. He is currently a baby. Thanks!

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
As long as the lights are on automatic & you feed them before you go, I'd think they'll be okay because it sounds like it's only about 1.5 days total. I'd maybe feed them early in the day on Fri and then give some bugs before leaving but take any food out before going so it doesn't rot or promote mold growth. I haven't tried this, so maybe others will have better advice. When they get older, traveling might be fun!

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
I'd try to take him with you. Get a little travel setup for him and stuff. Around summer time I let my little one run around with me and go outside on leashes and walk around with her on my shoulder. But it all depends on how comfortable the little one is when old enough to enjoy the outdoors.

I’d get a smaller tank for travel. If your light set up is portable, it is a lot easier to just bring him along. Especially as a baby, leaving him alone isn’t the best idea. When he’s a juvenile or adult it should be okay to leave him to his own devices for a day or two with adequate food and timed lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom