College Paper on Reptile Care

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

College Paper on Reptile Care

Postby aroeder1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello there! I am currently researching for my college paper about poor husbandry in the reptile world and possible ways to solve it. Does anyone know if there are any laws or regulations regarding if sellers have to give husbandry information? I haven't been able to find anything but that doesn't mean that those types of laws don't exist. Thanks a bunch :D
aroeder1
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: College Paper on Reptile Care

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:37 pm

Widen your literature survey to include native animal keepers' permits and regulations and codes of practices in Australia (NSW, Victoria, Queensland, SA, WA, NT , Tasmania , New Zealand, etc and in other countries).
You'll find a load of information.

Unfortunately the situation in the USA is there ARE NO RULES and restrictions. Anyone can walk into a pet shop or go to a pet show or buy online and the only requirement is they have the money to pay for the animal and they can walk away with as many reptiles as they want in a matter of minutes with no checks done on them.
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBDs: Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul210.Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17 .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby aroeder1 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:03 pm

I live in the USA so that probably explains partly why I couldn't find anything. Thank you so much!
aroeder1
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:30 pm

They need to change that and make laws ---
Karrie
KarrieRee
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion